Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I Am Link

.
--- White Kings - I admire the fact in theory that Joel Edgerton even tried to answer the whole "Hey dude you're super white what's the deal with you playing a fucking Egyptian?" question with regards to Ridley Scott's white-washed Moses movie. But maybe he should've just... not? Maybe it's better to give that one a "No Comment." At least his answer was basically, "I gotta get paid, man" and he didn't try to build any elaborate nonsense up. In summation, looking at this new picture of Sigourney Weaver looking fierce in Cleopatra-drag makes all my moral outrage fly right out the window anyway.

--- Best Head Ever - If I have to drive nails into my fingertips to get it done (although let's hope it doesn't come to all that) I promise you I will review the "Fassbender has a great big head" movie Frank today - I have a ton of reviews to catch up on really, and I'm gonna try to make today the day. Til then though here's a nice long chat with Frank's director Lenny Abrahamson; I've only gotten halfway through it but it's making for a good read. 

--- Fight The Powers - I don't know nothing about this Powers comic by Brian Michael Bendis, but I'm probably going to have to change that now that it's being turned into a show and that show will star Sharlto Copley and Michelle Fairley FORBES. Michelle you may know from being a bad-ass on Battlestar Galactica; Sharlto you may know from being the subject of many of my public wet dreams.

--- A Good Woman - I haven't watched the trailer for A Good Marriage yet because I don't really need to; it's Joan Allen starring in an adaptation of a Stephen King story, obviously I'll see this movie. But maybe you would like to. (There's also a poster at that link; very Sleeping With the Enemy.) Anyway I was surprised to hear this movie's getting the VOD release the same day as in theaters, on October 3rd. I guess it stars old people so nobody cares?

--- Green Hamm - Jon Hamm says in GQ that he turned down the Green Lantern movie several times (stick the knife in Ryan Reynolds while he's down, Jon Hamm... okay that sentence just turned me on) and it does make you wonder what a Jon Hamm Green Lantern would've looked like. I imagine the spandex would've had to be roomier, at least in the, you know, genital area. Speaking of look at that magazine cover - they airbrushed his crotch into a black hole so nobody's staring at nothing, but now it's all I can see, I feel like I am falling, falllllliiiiiinnnnngggggggggg....

--- After Three - It seems there's some truth to the rumors that Edgar Wright's next movie will be a return to the warm safe embrace of his Cornetto buds Simon Pegg and Nick Frost after Marvel put him through the wringer - here's Simon Pegg talking about it himself.

--- Later Jake - After seeing the great trailer for skinnied-down Jake Gyllenhaal's Nightcrawler it flew up my must-have-want-now list, so the news that it's been pushed back a couple of weeks to a Halloween release is frustrating. Hopefully it'll get some play here in NYC before then. Also at that link is word that Trick r' Treat director Michael Dougherty's Krampus movie, about the legendary pagan holiday demon, is scheduled for a Thanksgiving release next year. Festive! (The picture is of Jake filming his boxing movie here in NYC yesterday - yes apparently he's been jogging in the streets. Get me to that set dammit!)

--- Michael Myers Lives - I still haven't sat down and watched Rob Zombie's second Halloween movie. I just haven't had it in me. But now comes word that the third one's being worked on, sans Zombie, but since it's being titled Halloween: The Next Chapter people are assuming it will continue on from the world he set up. So I guess I have got to finally bite that bullet.
.

5 comments:

KC said...

Pretend the RZ Halloween movies don't exist and you will be a happier man.

BRB said...

You mean Michelle Forbes, right?

Jason Adams said...

Oh god yes, thanks for correcting me BRB, I fixed it. Too many genre ladies with Michelle F names suddenly! (Too many equals two, apparently.)

AG said...

Jon Hamm could never pull off the Green Lantern costume like Ryan did (the film flopping is another matter) or any superhero costume.

The media creates him like this stud every women or gay man wants to bed like Clooney/DiCaprio. they're what a straight guy would think a male sex symbol is IMHO.

Ross said...

I still think RZ would have been better off just steering clear of Halloween altogether, but I think 2 is a much better movie than 1. And I recently picked up the theatrical version of 2 (the Alliance blu-ray from Canada) and liked it a lot more than the director's cut.