Monday, August 25, 2014

Good Morning, World

.
I don't know how exactly to write something of substance beneath a picture of Errol Flynn without a top on but I suppose that's good - Errol's celebrity skin is keeping me grounded, lest I try to pretend this is the appropriate place to get all serious. We're looking at Errol for a reason though - he was the only male celebrity I ever heard my grandmother, who died yesterday, say anything about. She was a very religious woman and even though I got a lot from her, love of movies was not one of those things. But one time, I remember it vividly, I saw her eyelids flutter at the mention of Errol Flynn. 

How great is that? I can only imagine the SIN he represented to her - here was this conservative Pencostal country gal, fluttering her eyelids at one of the booziest, sleaziest actors of them all. Scandal! 

Anyway this recollection aside I'm not feeling especially spry today with the funnies - I leave for home and family stuff on Wednesday so I'll be here til then, and maybe I'll post something, we'll see. Just a heads-up, I guess.
.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My best friend is writing a book about Olivia de Havilland (she's met the star twice). She asked me if I had questions for Miss de Havilland, and I said I want to know if Mickey Rooney drove her crazy during the filming of A Midsummer Night's Dream (he's so obnoxious in it) and if Errol Flynn was as good looking in real life as he is onscreen. Miss de Havilland told her that Flynn looked better offscreen than on! She didn't say much about Mickey Rooney.

Anonymous said...

Condolences on the loss of your grandmother. Hopefully she has met up with Flynn in some way and they have both reconciled their lives, their loves, and their choices. I imagine that people are more tolerant after they die. Transformative thing.

http://ricksrealreel.blogspot.com/ said...

Errol Flynn in his prime makes parts of me flutter, too!

Condolences on your Gram!

You are one of my very favorite bloggers ; )

Rico

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss and that of your grandma's family and friends,

joel65913 said...

JA, Sorry for your loss. There was a magnetism about Flynn that was so universally appealing. Anybody that could make those silly little mini mustaches work like he and Gable did has that little something else they talk about.

Unknown said...

the content is really good article ... Greetings Introduction Of Us Dr. Bondan ...
= obat aborsi = obat bius