Thursday, August 21, 2014

Good Morning, World

.
I saw some pictures of Ansel Elgort before I ever saw him in anything, and the picture made me think that maybe here was somebody new to stare at - monied alabaster twink who looks like he smells like soap can be an appealing look, from the right angle, mood depending. But then I actually watched him in a couple of movies - in the remake of Carrie he proved that William Katt was one of our finest actors and we just never knew it until somebody else tried on Tommy Ross for size, and then in Divergent... wait he was in Divergent

I've made my point. Anyway I have not watched The Fault in Our Stars, which these pictures are from, yet because oh god just shoot me with the dart-gun now, I won't struggle. It'd be enough that Shaileene's gotten on my last nerve with her "ant-hill for a bed, tree-bark for deodorant" philosophizing (and that was even before she dug that "Feminist" hole for herself) but Ansel, too - he's just not reeling me any place. So I ask you, the people, now that the movie's about to be released for home consumption - should I - me, you know, me - should me bother?

(Do know that all you have to say to me is "LAURA DERN" and you'll break down any and all defenses I've got. But does she have anything to do in it?)
.

1 comment:

RubenQK said...

Laura Dern!! same reason i watched the movie and i think it was worth it, she does awesome crying faces and looks terribly stressed soaking wet, rapped in a towel, and does a pretty laughable odd pairing with Sam Trammell