Monday, July 14, 2014

Good Morning, World

.
I've had Richard Gere - specifically American Gigolo - on my mind these days because, well, I don't really need a "because" right? That is prime pretty stuff. Anyway the above shot is from An Officer and a Gentleman (and I am flabbergasted I've never posted that before, from what a quick scan through the archives tells me) but this week's banner (my birthday week banner!) is American Gigolo, so I'm covering all my bases. But I'm thinking of Gigolo specifically thanks to Halt and Catch Fire, Lee Pace's new show; I haven't seen last night's episode yet but the previous week's made it clear that they really need to be pushing Lee's costuming into Gigolo territory.

They're almost there, and I suppose even with a man as good-looking as Lee there's bound to be disconnect cuz nobody's ever gonna look as good as Richard Gere looked in American Gigolo, but I still think they should be trying harder.

.
.
Alright anyway what with Richard on my mind I did gather up a few pictures as-of-yet unposted (for comprehensive previous Gere-age, hit this link) which I'll toss after the jump for us to enjoy. There's more Officer nudity, weird Japanese underwear advertisements, and near make-outs with Billy Baldwin to be had, let's hit it!







Those last two are from the 1990 movie Internal Affairs which I haven't seen in many many years; I'm sure the context is not nearly as exciting as the absence of one.
.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lee it too cute to every be as hot or sexy as Richard. Cute is good and has it's place but when you're hanging upside down in gravity things, cute becomes funny not I'm gonna do you just like that!

sissyinhwd said...

I loved back then that Gere showed his dick in this and the awful remake of BREATHLESS. Long lingering one-shots with his dick exposed.Wow Got to get more of our favs these days to show off their bits.

Anonymous said...

Lee Pace is 6 foot 4 hunk of a man. There is no way Richard Gere can compete with that. Put your bias aside.

Anonymous said...

I've always thought Lee was cute but recently he's been looking mighty sexy!

Anonymous said...

For me is a very hard choice. I always loved Richard Gere, he was incredibly sexy in American Gigolo, and in general. Lee is a true hunk of a man though. Those shoulders, the height, the chest! He can be cute, but he can be sexy as hell too.

Anonymous said...

It's very obvious that Richard Gere is of Native American descent. And the photo of him with long hair shows it even more. Tom Cruise in the movie Legend from the 1980's looks very Native American as well. They are beautiful people. I wish more actors would speak up about it. Johnny Depp and Bob Barker (Bob spoke of being born on a reservation) can't be the only ones.