Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Golden Gods & Ridley's Queens

.
Well this the first official picture (via) of Joel Edgerton playing Ramses in Ridley Scott's upcoming movie Exodus: Gods and Kings (I hope he drops everything after the colon; Exodus is fine, Ridley) is less offensive than it looked like it was going to be from those ridiculous pictures of him we saw on set, but I'm still not sure about how WHITE this cast is. Although I shouldn't be listened to since once we get to the picture of Sigourney Weaver wearing a Nefertiti-esque head-dress I stop thinking thoughts altogether and just go YESSSSSSSSSSSS.

Click over here for more pictures, including a battle of 
the fake beards between Christian Bale and Aaron Paul.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed these huge classic epics like Cleopatra and Ben Hur. I watch them both last week but in all honesty they could have both male leads bathing naked by the river and it would still be not interesting. Ridley hasn't done a decent movie in ages and the exodus' story has been done many times now. I guess it the special effects that will do it for the movie but still look at the Noah mess...
Sal

Kokolo said...

They can't use just Exodus. Supposedly because of "Exodus (1960)", hence the germanesque subtitles (did you ever notice how German movies often have them?)