Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Sugar Plum Sufjan

.
Tonight I'm finally seeing the so-called "Sufjan Stevens ballet"... well, "so-called" by me - I don't know if anybody else is calling it that. It's called Year of the Rabbit and it's choreographed by Justin Peck to a new orchestration of music from Sufjan's electronic album Enjoy Your Rabbit.  It ran briefly last year at Lincoln Center, and now they're having it back; there's actually a second collaboration between Peck and Sufjan coming next month, and I'll be seeing that one too! My first ballet was only a few months ago and now I'm racking them up... I've gone ballet nuts! Ahh who am I fooling - if it wasn't for the Suffy connection I'd just be laying on my couch watching reruns of Family Guy. So thanks for thrusting your culture upon me, Mr. Stevens. And you can feel free to thrust anything else you want upon me in the future.


2 comments:

triggerua said...

My god he is gorgeous...and HAIRY!

eabisnar said...

omg?! I hope you saw him!
he was downstairs with Justin Peck, in front of the doors of Orchestra Left after Year of the Rabbit let out. there was a whole group of them standing around in a coolkid circle.

I was stalking for a good 5 minutes.
it must've been obvious cus Justin stared back for a while. then I walked around and stared at Sufjan as he stared back at me.

I'm sure they were both thinking... this guy knows who we are.
and he had better not take out a camera or bother talking to us.

lol.

btw, that third piece creeped me out.
the bleep/blurp music gave me a headache.

everything else... perfection!