Friday, March 14, 2014

All The Movies In All The World

.
I'm looking to have a pretty full and varied weekend at the cine-plex this weekend - I'm seeing Jake's new movie Enemy for a second time (if you missed it read my review here), I'm seeing the new Muppets movie, I'm finally catching Wes Anderson's The Grand Budapest Hotel, and I've got the Veronica Mars movie patiently crossing and uncrossing its legs in my email inbox, sighing impatient come-hithers. But back to Enemy for a second - here's a new behind-the-scenes thing where Jake and Denis Villeneuve and Co. talk about adapting Jose Saramago's book The Double (a great book, by the way, you should read it after you see the movie):
.

.
Anyway on top of all those movies, also on my Wish List is getting around to the second part of Nymphomaniac, which I just mentioned, and also I just now noticed that Film Forum (which has been showing every single movie that Alfred Hitchcock ever directed and I have shamefully not been there for a single one) is showing the German version of his 1930 movie Murder, which is called Mary - he shot both versions simultaneously but with totally different casts. The film is on YouTube but only without subtitles I think? I love Murder, it's fabulous, and I've always wanted to see this one but have yet to. But time, time is not my friend.

What are you guys planning on seeing this weekend?
.

No comments: