Thursday, February 20, 2014

Getting Lost in the Trees With Nina Persson

.
Last night I pretended I'm not actually a mole-man shut-in (ha) and had a night full of fun-time reverie - I went to two count them two concerts! It was quite something. First up as seen above we had my beloved Nina Persson at the Mercury Lounge, performing songs off her delightful brand new album called Animal Heart, which you have maybe heard me talk about once or twice or infinity. Even though my arm's still sling-bound I managed to record a couple of songs - I pushed through the pain for you people! That said since I am half-crippled the videos are probably a little more shaky than usual, my apologies. Anyway here they be:
.
.
.
She is a maverlous show-woman, I wish she'd give the international success a break and take up residency as a lounge singer in some seedy bar where I could go listen to her every single night.

Anyway right after that I ran over to the Bowery Ballroom where the bearded wundkerkind Ari Picker and his band Lost in the Trees were doing a show for their new album called Past Life. I one hundred percent stand by this admittedly obnoxious tweet I sent out right after the show:
.
.
Seriously, I've only had their new album for a few days but it is fucking epic, you guys. I cannot push them on you hard enough. THEY ARE INCREDIBLE. And live - live these guys blow my mind every single time. The title track off of their new album is my favorite one right this minute and I managed to record it last night, have a listen and then go buy the album, and then you can name your first through third borns after me cuz you're welcome.
.
.
And here's them doing their older song "Neither Here Nor There":
.

.

1 comment:

WJ said...

Nina's looking good! And sounding good! Can't wait to see her next week. Did she stay after the show to sign and chat?