Monday, January 13, 2014

I Am Link

.
--- Fassy Saber - I'm pretty sure we can take every name getting tossed about for JJ Abrams' new Star Wars movie with a giant grain of salt for the time being, but hey you mention Michael Fassbender's name, I'm gonna mention Michael Fassbender's name. Rumor is that Fassy, along with Hugo Weaving and Adam Driver, are all up for roles. Now that is a three-way I would rend Heaven and Earth to shreds if I could get even within ten miles of it.
.
--- Western Reunion - News of Quentin Tarantino's next movie broke over the weekend - the things we know: it's apparently called The Hateful Eight (clearly playing off The Magnificent Seven) and it will be another Western and there is definitely a role written for Christoph Waltz in it. My reaction to all this has been pretty tepid - I'd like QT's to make another movie about ladies, personally. Django was a lot of dick-waving.

--- Godfather Funk - Chadwick Boseman, who I found very solid in the Jackie Robinson biopic 42 - it's not the most exciting movie but it works in an old-fashioned straight-forward sorta way - looks surprisingly great in the first picture from the James Brown bio-pic. I wasn't sure he could pull them both off but this gives me hope.
.
--- Dream Weaver - Some quotes from Joseph Gordon Levitt on why he wants to turn Neil Gaiman's Sandman series into a movie can be found here - he says that he's only set to produce as of now, but he "may" star in it or direct. That translates to, "I'm still trying to get them to give me a lot of money, cool your jets, reporter."

--- Outback Again - I forgot to link to the official Wolf Creek 2 poster last week when I first saw it so here, here ya go - it's basically just a big picture of John Jarratt in his Mick Taylor gear, but that's about all it needs to be right? Right.

--- Killing Jason - Because it had been a couple of weeks since they proved they have no business handling the Friday the 13th franchise at all and have their heads entirely wedged up their asses, here's Platinum Dunes' dickbag-in-charge saying that hey there might not even be a Jason Voorhees in the next Friday the 13th movie, who knows. Does he just get off on pissing off the people whose money he's trying to take? I feel like Brad Fuller has definitely seen The Wolf of Wall Street ten times in theaters already.

--- Slow Vamp - There's a new trailer for Jim Jarmusch's Only Lovers Left Alive right here. I was only moderately besotted with that flick when I saw it at NYFF a couple of months ago, and yet I find myself thinking about it an awful lot. It sticks. (Especially the parts where Tom Hiddleston struts around shirtless, natch.)
.
--- Super Drogo - Jason Momoa would like us all to know that he will not be in the Batman Vs Superman movie, that was only a rumor begot by his enormous pectorals. Honestly we should all express shock when Zach Snyder passes up a chance to caress beefcake with his zoom lens.

--- And finally here's the first full trailer for the fourth season of A Game of Thrones. There's plenty of perfect man Nikolaj Coster-Waldau being perfect in it, wielding giant swords and metal hands, but not a hint of nudity. What am I even here for anyway, goddamit. Did we piss of Lena Dunham for nothing?
.
.

1 comment:

mangrove said...

Who cares about the GOT trailer?
A&E released their trailer/BTS mash-up for Bates Motel season 2.

Norman gets manhandled and Vera Farmiga goes platinum bonkers.

YEEESSSS