Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Everything You Ever Need To Know About Life...

... you can learn from:

Elysium (2013)

Kruger: It's just a flesh wound!

Alright I apologize to all of you for making you look at that, but oh my god that is an amazing special effect isn't it? That is an amazing special effect. I didn't like Elysium enough to warrant watching any behind-the-scenes specials on it but I am curious if that's all CG or if there's some practical work going on; I think there must be. The way the skin rips! Okay to make it up to you for that gruesomeness, let's take a look at another amazing special effect in Elysium - that is, Sharlto Copley without his shirt on.

He turns 40 today! Happy birthday, Sharlto! His new movie, the remake of Oldboy, which also has his beautiful forty year old body all scarred up, comes out today too! Big day in the Copley house, I guess. It's getting really mixed reviews - over at The Film Experience Michael C. didn't like it at all, but it sounds like Sharlto's giving the only performance that really stands out, so I'm there. (OK we knew I was there when they showed his ass in the trailer, so whatever.)

Back to the Elysium beefcake though. If you missed it, I capped his be-still-my-heart scene barbequing in nothing but shorty shorts at this link; that one's a keeper. But since whenever I google "Sharlto Copley shirtless" it's this very site that comes up 97% of the time, I guess it's my job to cap it all. Oh the sacrifices! Hit the jump for a bunch of Sharlto shirtlessness...









1 comment:

Groot Piel said...

Any idea yet of the level of nudity we can expect from his pool scene in Old Boy. Any one watched that yet?