Monday, October 07, 2013

I Am Link

.
--- Al On Everything - I'm going to try to write up something on Gravity later today so stay tuned for that - for now here's a lengthy chat with its director Alfonso Cuaron talking about all sorts of things, from making the movie, to Zero Dark Thirty and Holy Motors, to London versus New York - it's kind of all over the place, but never uninterestingly so.

--- And speaking of, here's Gravity's cinematographer slash genius Emmanuel Lubezki talking about shooting five different scenes from some of the movies he's shot, ranging from Children of Men to The Tree of Life, and on..
.
--- Dead Heads - The horror film Open Grave stars two of my bestest boyfriends out there - Sharlto Copley and Thomas Kretschmann - and it just got picked up for distribution, hooray! Tribeca Films will be releasing on VOD in December. It's about a bunch of people who wake up in a mass grave without any memory of how they got there. How this leads to Sharlto and Thomas making out I don't know, but it better. It better! (thanks Mac)

--- Spike Up - I've only made it about a quarter of the way through this so far but Vulture has a super lengthy piece on Spike Jonze and the making of his new flick Her, which is screening at the New York Film Festival this upcoming weekend.(And yes, I'll be seeing it then, whee!)
.
--- Video Tapes - Former Dr. Who actor Matt Smith is going to play Patrick Bateman in the American Psycho musical that's going to be in London at the end of this year. I still can't believe this is a thing that will exist.

--- Crazy Clown TimeBlue Valentine and The Place Beyond the Pines director Derek Cianfrance is working on an adaptation of the 1990s comic series A Cotton Candy Autopsy, which is about a bunch of clowns on a road trip doing bad stuff. Cianfrance says it will star Pines' Ben Mendolsohn.

--- Frances Forever - I was super sad about missing this - Greta Gerwig and Noah Baumbach did a talk over the weekend for the New York Festival - thankfully the whole thing's recapped right here, so we can pretend we were there with our beloveds. (thanks Mac)

--- Rock Hard - I was going to make this "quote of the day" but then I noticed the interview is from June, and that's a bit of a stretch so here, I'll just plop it out here - here's Jason Statham talking about joining the Fast and the Furious franchise:

"The Rock’s the real deal. He’s a real physical specimen. There’s no fake bullshit with him. I’d love to do something with him. "

And we would all love to see you do something with The Rock too, Jason Statham. 
.

2 comments:

John said...

Exactly was were you thinking JA? Hmmm...

billybil said...

Yeah - I can imagine that (happily) but I think Jason would be the top.