Monday, September 30, 2013

The Coens Take New York

.
If you follow me on Instagram then you already saw several of my pictures from the Inside Llewyn Davis screening at the New York Film Festival on Saturday night; if not go check them out. Garrett Hedlund was standing right in front of me! And I totally respected his boundaries, I didn't stuff him in my backpack and run, or anything. I've grown as a person. I was surprised by how many people they brought out on stage during the intro...

(click to embiggen bunches) Left to right starting from the second person (the first guy's the interviewer from the festival) that's Max Casella, Marcus Mumford, T-Bone Burnett, Alex Korpovsky, Jeanine Serralles, Stark Sands, F. Murray Abraham, Adam Driver, Garrett Hedlund, John Goodman, and Carey Mulligan. (This was right before Oscar Isaac came out, you can see him in this picture at Instagram.) And yeah I took these pictures myself - I was seated in the second row! Which was a little bit of a burden while actually watching the movie I was there to watch, but was killer for this intro with the cast and then the Q&A that followed. Indeed I recorded the entire Q&A for y'all...
.

.
It wasn't the best Q&A I've ever been to - the questioners checked off several of the most obnoxious questions possible, ranging from "Hey I'm making a movie, give me advice, and then make me famous please!" to the guy who will not shut up when his question is so broad it's nonsensical so he keeps trying to frame it as if it means something, and failing. But anyway, its pretty good before it gets opened up to the audience. 

I'll write up my opinion about the movie itself later.
.

1 comment:

MrJeffery said...

i'm looking forward to the film & your review!