Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I See The Sacrament

.
And speaking of upcoming horror movies, there's the very first poster for The Sacrament (via), Ti West's new film (produced by Eli Roth) about three documentarians who get themselves mixed up in a cult, with inevitably grim results. I can't put my finger on the poster it's reminding me of - something kind of Cannibal Holocausty though, which is appropriate. And yeah, the film's description sounds a lot like the best section of VHS2, from The Raid director Gareth Evans, about the cult. Let's hope Ti's had time to differentiate his story.

The Sacrament stars indie horror mainstays AJ Bowen (seen above) and Joe Swanberg, who I literally just saw playing brothers in You're Next (my review), in which Ti West also acted. This horror scene's so incestuous these days! The film's out sometime next year, but it's playing in Toronto, which is driving me nuts. Why doesn't the NYFF ever get any good horror movies? Come on, Gavin Smith!
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kind of a Jim Jones Guyana Tragedy vibe there - what with the aviators, y'know.