Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I Am Link

.
--- Just So Nopher - I don't know what Topher Grace did to piss off the writers at The Playlist but they act as if his getting cast in what's probably a small role in Christopher Nolan's next movie, the secretive sci-fi flick Interstellar, is the most insanely ridiculous news they have ever heard. "Topher Grace! Egads! Why doesn't he just shit on a paper plate and film that?"

--- Delicious Brie - Yesterday I was saying how much I liked Rosemarie Dewitt because of The United States of Tara and today I'm saying how much I like Brie Larson because of The United States of Tara. Now I just need some Toni Collette news and I'll be all set. Nat's starting a praise campaign for Larson's new movie called Short Term 12, which the word elsewhere's been very fine on as well. Super happy Larson's getting work, she's a terrific actress.

--- Hunka Cheese - I was about to say "I haven't seen the Expendables movies" but then I realized that's a lie, I did see the first one. Hell I might have even seen the second one and I just don't remember. That's these thing's staying power. Anyway pec thespian Kellan Lutz just joined the cast of the third one, wherein he's hopefully playing a crime-fighting male stripper. I see an uzi tucked into a g-string, don't you?

--- Northern Lights - I haven't been able to bring myself to give the Toronto Film Festival line-up too much of a once-over because it depresses me, being so close and yet so far away. Every year I think I'll go and every year I forget about it until the last minute. Anyway for a less dour take on it read Amir's words over at The Film Experience, which involves a joyful shriek about Sylvain Chomet's new movie.

--- Cancer Kids - Laura Dern, who should just be cast in everything already, come on Hollywood make it happen, I mean everything, will play Shaileene Woodley's mother in an adaptation of the book Fault in Our Stars, wherein Woodley is a cancer patient who falls for Ansel Elgort (see previously), another cancer patient.

--- Almost Fatuous - Danny McBride is in Cameron Crowe's next movie, so says Bradley Cooper, who is also in it, with Emma Stone and Rachel McAdams. I don't think I've even seen Cameron Crowe's last several movies so I don't know why I'm posting this, other than a firm like for Danny.

--- I'm A Loser - Radiohead's song "Creep" is 20 years old this Summer and while I go weep for my long lost youth you go read this list of Slant's favorite Radiohead music videos.

--- X Face - When I saw the new posters for the new X-Men movie my first thought was "Thank god they're better than the posters for First Class, which were astonishingly inept, and my second thought was, what will Glenn have to say about them? Head over to Stale Popcorn and find out there.
.
--- Cannibal Needs - In a four-part series The AV Club sat down with Bryan Fuller and went through Hannibal episode by episode - you can read what he's got to say about the first three episodes of the show's stellar first season right here. Really fascinating insights about how the show changed post-pilot once the talent became attached and turned the show into something different than they first expected it to be.

--- And finally, here's yet another thing I haven't watched yet (like that new Gravity trailer I just linked to) that I am nonetheless shoving in your faces; Vulture shares with us a one-minute horror film from Hobo With a Shotgun director Jason Eisener, which they say is the bee's knees. I guess the folks behind The Conjuring teamed up with several directors to do these things, and you can see more here. I will have to give this a once over.
.
.

2 comments:

Ronald said...

Yeah, the Playlist has been weirdly pissy lately. It's very off-putting.

Anonymous said...

Well, I follow the playlist too, but anything Kevin Jagernaut writes, I'll politely pass over. He's inarticulate and a wannabe button-pusher.

Topher Grace is sweet, yo.