Monday, July 22, 2013

I Am Link

.
--- Super Stuff - As always there was too much news out of Comic-Con for me to even pretend I'll wrap it up up in one of these posts, but I'll try to hit a couple of the high points. Like this: Joss Whedon talked about the second Avengers movie some, which now has a name - The Avengers: The Age of Ultron, which I guess means something to people who've read comics. I play a good pretend game but I'm really mostly clueless.  I know Ultron is some kind of a robot. Also I guess this could somehow tie to Edgar Wright's Ant-Man film, eventually. Also I guess the first footage from Guardians of the Galaxy screening, and Chris Pratt, as you can see to the left, was there looking fine.

--- X Mania - Also via Comic-Con the whole ridiculously enormous X-Men cast was there (Fassbender and McAvoy touching!) and footage was shown and yadda yadda I guess it's Wolverine's time traveling and junk that brings together the Singer films with the First Class film. I hope Bryan Singer can regain some of his movie-making magic with a return to the mutants; having the stink of Jack the Giant Slayer hanging in the air is troubling me.

--- Choo Choo - Bong Joon-ho's Snowpiercer - the post-apocalyptic train movie with Tilda Swinton and Jamie Bell and Chris Evans, amongst others, which we've been following for ages, is opening in South Korea soon and it's getting really great reviews, I guess. Cool beans! I like to deflect disappointment.

--- Ham In Space - Alfonso Cuaron showed off some Gravity stuff at Comic-Con too; my favorite bit is here where he talks about how Robert Donwey Jr just wasn'r right for the movie. Not because he's necessarily mean about it; I just like hearing somebody talk about denying Robert Downey Jr, even in a vague sense.

--- Dine On This - DH has some highlights from the Hannibal panel at Comic-Con, including word of where the second season's heading as well as that gag reel that's been making the rounds.

--- Black and Blue - Oh and I guess there's something about Superman and Batman hanging out, getting some pies at the local pizzeria, or something. I dunno.

--- Holla Yonkers -  If you're a good movie geek (and I assume you are since you're here and made it through all of this rambling about movie geeky stuff) then you've heard of the Alamo Drafthouse, the movie theater chain which started in Austin Texas and has since branched out to a few spots across the country. They have a couple opening in the New York City area, which we've been following with delight, and today they announced that the theater in Yonkers, just north of the city, is officially opening on August 5th! Even better they'll be open for three days before that showing movies for two bucks and their food and drink at half price! They're showing The Shining right off the bat! I am so there.
.

No comments: