Friday, May 10, 2013

Why Can't I Seem To Review Gatsby?

.
Every time I start to think about what I would write in a review of Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby, which I saw on Tuesday night but is out in theaters today, I just go dumb. Like, drool dumb. Alright that's been happening a lot lately so it might not be the movie - who knows? What I can tell you is I am seeing it a second time tonight, not because I loved it or anything, but because... I am. So perhaps this will help me sort out some thoughts, or you know, a thought. One thought! Something other than, "Joel Egderton's jodhpurs are a reason to get up in the morning," at least. I think too big. Oh I could be lazy and plop out a list type review or something, those are always an easy way to get one's thoughts rolling, but I figure since I'm seeing it a second time anyway I'll give it this second opportunity to poke its manic little tendrils around inside my head, and we'll see what sorts out. And if you'd like to tell me your thoughts upon the picture once you see it, I'd love to hear it in the comments. Maybe you could help me. I need help. In summation, there's nothing in Baz's movie nearly as great as this:


No comments: