Friday, May 10, 2013

I Am Link

.
--- Haunted Apps - I really liked the Maniac remake (my review), more than most people it seems (although has it even come out yet? I feel like it's been released ten times already) so I'm looking forward to the next movie from its director even despite the terrible terrible title and silly sounding leftover-J-horror premise - it's called i-Lived (told ya) and it's about an online app reviewer whose new assignment "tears him apart." Mmhmm. We'll have to see how this goes.

--- Viva Wheatley - They liked the movie more than I did (I reviewed it back in March) but The Playlist's got five reasons why you should see Ben Wheatley's crime-spree comedy romance Sightseers, which is out on the coasts this weekend and on VOD come Monday. I liked it enough to say you should definitely see it, but I liked Kill List, Wheatley's previous film, more. Wheatley's one to watch though - I am super looking forward to his "Civil War on acid" movie called A Field in England, which he's already made and should be out before the end of this year.

--- Shake Rattle Roth - Speaking of scary movies out this weekend, Eli Roth is talking Aftershock, his Chilean earthquake movie, over here. His story about seeing The Exorcist is a hoot. I hope I can see Aftershock this weekend, but things are already looking kind of crowded... there is never enough time.

--- Izzy Goes Down - On the opposite end of the movie-making spectrum there is Joachim Trier, the director of Reprise and Oslo August 31. They're both films that got tons of ciritical love that I was semi-cool towards, for various reasons. But he's got a great eye and I think he could make something I loved someday. Anyway his next movie has Isabelle Huppert in it. I'm there!

--- US Or Bust - Andrea Arnold is lining up her next movie finally and it'll be her first filmed out of the UK - she's coming to America! It's to be called Mag Crew (hmm, that name) and it's about "teenage magazine sales crews." I guess they mean kids that sell newspapers like, door to door? Okay.

--- Gray Bound -  I can't decide whether I hope that Joe Wright, director of Hanna and Anna Karenina and so forth, who we've come to love very much thanks to those two movies, should direct 50 Shades of Gray or shouldn't. Apparently the producers want him. On the one hand, oh my god no, don't make that horrible sounding drivel. On the other hand, oh my god what would he do with it? I know most everyone's first thought is, though - eww not Keira Knightley please!
.

No comments: