Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Do Dump or Marry: Zemeckian Men

.

It's the director Robert Zemeckis' 62nd birthday today, and I figured we ought to celebrate it, what with him making a fistful of the most influential movies of my childhood. I haven't been too keen on anything he's made lately (I hated Flight) but Back to the Future, Romancing the Stone, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Death Becomes Her - the accumulation of such things gives the dude a lifetime pass of crap. Anyway whilst glancing through his filmography I notced that he and Tom Hanks have worked together exactly three times. Three? Why that's just the right number for a Do Dump or Marry post, innit? And so.

We have Chuck in Cast Away, Forrest in Forrest Gump, and the Conductor in The Polar Express. (Hanks voices several characters in the latter but I figured this one looks the most like him, not to mention I don't wanna know about any of your Santa Claus fetishes thankyouverymuch.) Now you hit the comments and tell me which character you'd do, which you'd dump, and which you'd marry. (This is the perfect place for me to admit I always had the hots for Forrest, right? I always loved the way he said, "Bit me right in the buttocks.")


2 comments:

joel65913 said...

I like Tom Hanks but have never found him sexy but if I had to pick I guess a cleaned up version of him in Castaway. However if I could push all three of them out of the way in favor of Gary Sinise that would work much better for me.

Roark said...

Do Forrest.
Dump Castaway man.
Kill the Polar Express guy.