Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I Am Link

.
--- Sun Pair - IndieWIRE chats with a couple of up-n-comer indie actor/filmmakers named Kate Lyn Shiel and Kentucker Audley (I still can't with that name) about Sun Don't Shine, the new directorial effort starring the two of them from Amy Seimetz, aka the leading lady in Upstream Color. What interests me here most is both actors are also in Ti West's next movie called The Sacrament, and they talk about that a bit. Mostly just about how Ti's movie actually was a big production, with trailers and stuff. Moving on up! As a side-note, he might be named Kentucker (was he named after EW's television critic?) but he's cute so I'll get over it.

--- State Of Cinema - Deadline has posted the entire transcript of Steven Soderbergh's "state of the cinema" speech that he gave in San Francisco this past weekend and it is brilliant stuff that's making me even sadder about his departure from film-making - we need him up in there fighting the good damned fight!

--- Thanos Three - On the other end of the spectrum, here's Joss Whedon talking about his plans for Marvel superhero storytelling for the next several years. I didn't pair these to knock Joss, lord knows I love him and look forward to what he'll be doing, and he'll hopefully be able to wedge his own distinctive voice into the enormous machinery of Hollywood.

--- Dark Night - Now that Alexander Skarsgard isn't going to play Tarzan - boo, boo! - he might end up playing The Crow instead. Rumor last week was Tom Hiddleston was talking with them about playing the part but turns out that was just talk, and Skarsy's the one to watch. I love Alex but I think Hiddles is a better pick? Not that I wouldn't watch a movie starring the former, of course.

--- Witchy Woman - Didja hear that Gabby Sidibe is joining the cast of the third season of American Horror Story? Super happy that she, against a lot of odds, continues to get work, although she's probably really tired of hearing things framed that way by now.

--- And finally, over at Fassy Headquarters they've voted the ten most glorious pictures of the man himself and I co-sign every single one's scrumptiousness.
.

1 comment:

The Bloody Munchkin said...

Can we get a movie greenlit involving Skarsgaard and Hiddleston as dueling Crows a la Highlander, but instead of swords, its death by sex? There can only be one. That movie idea is free. The rest you'll have to pay for.

On another aside. My boss's child was a PA on The East and met Alex. Do you know what this means? I'm only one degree away from Alex Skaarsgard! Now, if I can get him 0 degrees from me and with his clothes off.