Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I Am Link

.
--- Pitt's Army - Would you want to get stuck inside a tank with Shia LaBeouf? That will be Brad Pitt's unfortunate fate if they both end up signing on for Fury, the next movie from End of Watch director David Ayer. They're stuck behind enemy lines during WWII as the war ends and the Nazi's fall apart - surely, tension will be mounted, and just as surely someone will walk into live fire to get away from Shia's yapping.

--- San Fran International - I want to be at Cannes this year more than any other because the centerpiece of the fest will be a tribute to Kim Novak and Vertigo, where they'll screen an apparently remarkable restoration of the film. You should read Jim Emerson's piece on the restoration, too.

--- Wet & Wild - Over at The Film Experience Nathaniel took a look at Michele Soavi's very odd and cult-beloved zombie movie Cemetery Man with Rupert Everett; I've never seen Another Country so I think this film remains the only movie I've ever liked him in. (I love My Best Friend's Wedding despite him.)

--- Elvira Forever - I'm also loving Nat's list of 1980s Supporting Actresses who didn't get Oscar nominated but shoulda - if you know anything about Nat, you know who the number one goes to.
.
--- Three Steps Forward - I don't even want to mention this because I'm so goddamned annoyed, but I might as well get it over with - you know how Olivier Assayas (Summer Hours, Carlos, etc) was making his next movie with Juliette Binoche and Mia Wasikowska and I was super-duper-excited about that? Well Chloe "turd in the punchbowl" Moretz just plopped herself down in it. Uggghhh.

--- Heavy Flow - Speaking of, here's the ugly photo-shopped new poster for the Carrie remake, which went from zero to negative infinity with that lousy ass trailer they released. This thing's not out until October though so expect my mood to swing at least twenty times between now and then.

--- To Paris With Love - Emma Stone in a Woody Allen movie - can you hear the stuttering already? This one will be set in Paris and that's all we know. Oh and that it will probably have a British guy in the lead. Who do you think would have chemistry with Emma Stone? Besides Andrew Garfield.

--- And finally, here's Tilda Swinton leading over a thousand people in a dance-along to a Barry White song at Rogert Ebert's film festival over the weekend. Pure joy.
.

.

3 comments:

Bno said...

Tilda is my favorite person in the whole world!

Anonymous said...

I love Chloe Moretz :)

yourtherhoda said...

You've never seen Another Country?! It's GORGEOUS. And everyone in it is GORGEOUS. I fell HARD for R.E. and even though I've had to forgive a lot, (a lot) he's been my imaginary husband ever since.