Friday, April 05, 2013

Good Morning, World

.
Alright so Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) at that specific moment is not waking up to the best of mornings, having just had one of his dead girl nightmares... but he gets to look like Hugh Dancy, so he wins all the same. I trust you all watched Hannibal last night? Or you've got it waiting for you on your DVR, at least? I don't want to nag, but I will cut you. Watch it. 

And for those of us who are good decent people 
and have already done so, what did we think? 
I am all love.

ETA Hey wait whaddya know - NBC went and put the whole episode online! So you can watch it right here. Now you have zero excuses.
.
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished the episode and DAMN it was amazing. I can't even believe NBC had the sense to pick this show up, to be frank. Now I'm going to go watch it again.

Uncle Mike said...

I really liked it. A lot. But (don't hurt me) I've never been a big fan of Mads Mikkelsen and, well, still not.

His accent and weird (lisp? sibilance? whatever) annoyed me. But I'm willing to hang in there.

Jason Adams said...

I too had some trouble understanding a couple of Mads' lines, but I like his take on Lecter a lot - very restrained, and very creepy. And super European, which feels much closer to the books. The snake reference he made seemed apt, even down to the way he was pronouncing his words.

Lars said...

I'm so depressed that the ratings for the pilot is low :(

I hope it at least it can last for two or three seasons.

The visuals are terrific, and they really enhance the mood of the whole show. Also, having terrific actors like Dancy (so beautiful, so disturbed) and Mikkelsen really elevate the show (I smell Emmy noms for, at least Dancy?). They are really good together, so I'm looking forward to more scenes of them together.

However, not understanding some of Mads' lines bother me (one reason I don't like Cotillard in her English films). And glow sticks/wind shield wiper effects when Dancy is empathizing with the killers is kinda cheesy haha.

Anonymous said...

Um, the "Glow Stick" effect, actually a pendulum, is lifted directly from the Thomas Harris book, where he describes Will using his gift as "letting the pendulum swing." I guess some of us do not have sufficient brains for deciphering visual iconography. And Yes, Mads does have a lisp, but I can still usually suss out what he is saying. Maybe try listening a bit more closely, next time?