Monday, March 18, 2013

I Am Link

.
--- Henry of Steel - DH rounds up some quotes and pics from recent articles regarding Man of Steel, including Snyder and Cavill going on the defense, tone-wise, saying it might be dark but it's not dark-dark, or whatever. The pictures are where it's at - Henry Cavill in a soaking wet wife-beater and a full-on shot of the suit, front-wards? Yes please!
.
--- Fiction Friends - The BBC catches up with Skyfall screenwriter John Logan, whose got a new play premiering in London called Peter and Alice, which is about the real-life meeting between the real-life inspirations for Alice and Wonderland and Peter Pan, starring Skyfall actors Judi Dench and Ben Whishaw. Sounds like a probable eventual movie to me, doesn't it? (thx Gus!)

--- Goody Lange - The third season of American Horror Story will be subtitled Coven, underscoring the promises of witchiness to come. I know it's going to be about New Orleans for the most part, and I know it's for "American" there in the title, but I'm keeping my hopes up that they'll be riffing on Suspiria-esque gialli anyway, just because I have to believe, I have to.
 .
--- Bloody Claws - It's such a simple thing, coating Hugh Jackman's Wolverine claws with blood, but it makes them seem about a thousand times realer than they usually do, doesn't it?

--- Stomp This - As a tease it's a doozy - the new image from Guillermo Del Toro's Pacific Rim gives us foot-print in the sand. Is it a giant Jesus? Stay tuned.

--- Toon Terrors - Over at Stale Popcorn Glenn's looking ahead at the very sorry looking state of animated movies in 2013 - I'm with him on the character design in The Croods; it's straight up uncanny valley. They freak me out. No like.
.
--- Boffo Berry - If you're curious about this weekend's box office check it out over at The Film Experience - Nat's take is always my favorite take because of his weekly illustrations. He takes on Halle Berry this time - hopefully the success of her movie will lead o better things for its director Brad Anderson, we love him.

--- Super Friends - Also over at Nat's last week I heralded the re-arrival of Daniel Cudmore into the new X-Men movie - he played Colossus in the second and third X films, and he is a hot piece extraordinaire. (Check out the comments if you want to see somebody throw a bizarre anti-sex hissy fit about my post, too.) Relatedly, AICN tells us who two other new faces will be playing - I don't know of this Booboo person, seen to the right, I guess he was in the Twilight movies, but I approve.

--- Marshmallow Surprise - Hitfix caught up with Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas on the experience of watching his Kickstarter campaign explode last week, and they talk about where things stand, budget-wise - whether he'll be getting help from Warner Brothers or not, that kind of thing. Sounds like there could be a behind-the-scenes doc, too!

--- And finally, there's a new Game of Thrones trailer! This can't get here quick enough.


.

5 comments:

Benji said...

I'm going to see Peter and Alice on stage in two weeks. Quite intrigued how it is going to work out.

Jason Adams said...

Lucky! Let us know how it is! :)

Benji said...

I will!
Also saw Helen Mirren in The Audience last week, it was quite brilliant.

http://ricksrealreel.blogspot.com/ said...

I think we all know what Bryan hired Boo Boo for!

Cosmickid77 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.