Friday, March 15, 2013

I Am Link

.
--- Destroy This - WWE pile-of-muscles Dave Batista is going to play Drax the Destroyer in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy movie - for a hot minute we thought it was going to be Jason Momoa. But no. Batista was the big bad in RZA's The Man With the Iron Fists, which I just watched, and trashed, last week - he is somehow pretty handsome for a dude so ridiculously enormous, so I did look him up while watching the movie, but he didn't really give off much charisma-wise.

--- Scream Not - Wes Craven must be super sick of having to answer this question every time he opens his mouth - no, he still hasn't heard anything about anybody wanting him to make a fifth Scream movie, dammit! Why doesn't anybody ask for Vampire In Brooklyn 2?

--- Him On Hardy - Joel Kinnaman, who's playing the new Robocop, just got a new role as the bad guy up against Tom Hardy in Child 44 - Hardy's a Soviet cop (ooh sexy Russian accent time!) chasing down a child murderer. Noomi Rapace also stars, probably as the lady getting in the way of my Kinnaman-on-Hardy fantasies.

--- Big Bottomed Girls - The King's Speech was alright, although I couldn't fathom the awards explosion for it. Les Mis was awful, awful, awful. So I'm not director Tom Hooper's biggest fan, is my point, and I groan at the word that Sacha Baron Cohen's seeking him to direct that long-gestating Freddie Mercury bio-pic. Maybe a leap forward period-wise will liven him up? Engh.

--- Folk Hero - Here's a big batch of pictures from Greetings From Tim Buckley, that bio-pic with Penn Badgley playing Jeff Buckley. He's wearing a shirt in all of them but I can just tell he's totally shaved down, dammit.

--- Sir 80 - Yesterday was Michale Caine's 80th birthday and I wished him a happy one over at The Film Experience and also asked everybody to name their favorite performance by him, and they be giving some stellar answers. It's weird, it wasn't until I started tallying them up that I realized just how many good performances he's given over his career - he doesn't get enough credit, I don't think (or maybe it's just I wasn't giving him enough credit personally) - he's had an amazing career.

--- Pretty Posh - The list of names of Hot Young British Things circling Lone Scherfig's adaptation of the hit Brit play Posh are drool-inducing - Robert Pattinson, Max Irons, Sam Claflin and Douglas Booth? Yes please. All of them getting trashed and rowdy together... I like it. Anybody see the play? I know Kit Harington was in it.

--- The Good Book - Ang Lee is maybe going to make the Biblical epic Gods and Kings now that Steven Spielberg has decided not to - I would watch the shit out of an Ang Lee Biblical epic. It's supposed to be a "gritty" take on the Moses story, but Ang Lee doesn't really make "gritty" movies, ya know? And I am tired of the whole "dirty it up to make it seem edgy and hip" nonsense anyway. Just wow me. Shaky cams and dirty teeth are over, I say! Over!
.

No comments: