Friday, March 01, 2013

Here Here For Stoker

.
Stoker is here! Stoker is here! It was July of 2010 when we first heard that Wentworth Miller had written a horror script - back then it was supposed to star Carey Mulligan and Jodie Foster! Then in November of that year came word that South Korean maestro Park Chan-wook wanted to direct it, and I was officially all in. The following February is when we heard of the cast shift to Nicole Kidman and Mia Wasikowska; at the time Colin Firth was rumored for the uncle role, but then they decided to go younger with Matthew Goode. And yadda yadda, trailers and posters and Jackie Weavers ho, here we are today and it is out and I am seeing it in two hours and Park Chan-wook will be doing a Q&A at my screening and everything is good. Very good! Two and a half years of blogging have all led to this moment, y'all. Could it possibly live up to it? I entirely doubt it! Reviews have been mixed... but the good stuff I've heard sells it like something I'd like, so I am crossing all my fingers.

Anyway there are a couple other movies out this weekend - hey Nicky Hoult - and I wrote 'em all up, thoughts-wise, over at Celebrity Beehive. Check it. And if you see Stoker this weekend tell me what you thought!
.

2 comments:

Mac said...

Going to see it in half an hour. Can't wait.

Gus said...

With so many beautiful, visually lush moments it would be harsh to cavil about the intermittently clunky script. Worth the price of admission for the insane ‘piano duet as orgasm’ scene. There are two scenes you need to en-gif at the earliest opportunity: firstly, Matthew Goode unleashing his belt outside the phone box and secondly the aforementioned MG trussing up Mr Ehrenreich trouserless and rounding it off with a playful spank. Such are the sad highlights of my life.