Thursday, February 21, 2013

I Am Link

.
--- Snowed In - Before you read anything else today if you haven't read the interview with the actress who played Snow White in that infamous Oscars skit with Rob Lowe in 1989, go read it, it is amazing. AMAZING. I wish it were twenty times longer. It made me run out and buy the biography of the producer of that year's show Allan Carr at lightning speed. Oh and you can watch that infamous Snow White skit at this link if you've never seen it. I watched it last night for maybe the first time (I can't remember what year I started watching the Oscars so I might have seen it live) and no wonder Rob Lowe went into that downward spiral of drugs and underage girls after it. I almost ordered up some blow and headed to Thailand myself just watching it.

--- Les Hobbit - I'm glad that Nat posted this at TFE too so I don't have to link to his Facebook where he'd posted it earlier - this dude singing "I Dreamed A Dream" from Les Mis as Gollum is the best thing on the internet right now. Well second best after that Snow White thing.

--- Colorful Interference - Over at Stale Popcorn Glenn's taking a look at a whole bunch of recent movie posters and their respective worths; I'd been meaning to say what he says about digging the Trance poster - it's been getting a lot of shit online but I think it's killer.

--- Puppy Love - I love Evan Dorkin's Beasts of Burden stories (about a bunch of dogs and a cat that investigate paranormal activities in their small town; they're much darker than you anticipate based off that description) so I've been wanting to hear more about the long-gestating movie adaptation - now there's word that the dude that made that totally forgotten by me animated film 9 has hopped on-board to direct. Since I never saw 9 I cannot say.

--- Jesse Unchained - I haven't found the chance to read this yet but I've been totally meaning to - Jesse Williams, the very handsome young actor we've gratuitized round these parts several times, has some words (a lot of them!) on Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained. I have no idea what they are, pro or con, as I haven't read it yet. But they are words (a lot of them).

--- Juli Always - Also on my To Read list, here's an interview with Greatest Living Actress Juliette Binoche at The Playlist. Apparently she talks about Michael Haneke and Leos Carax, amongst others, says the headline.

--- Law Man - Taylor Kitsch is reduced to playing a sheriff in a serial killer movie - never the sign of a career high, that. It's from a script by the guy who wrote Pandorum (ergh) but it's directed by the guy who made my favorite part of the Red Riding trilogy (the part with Andrew Garfield).

--- Crazy Pants - Shia LaBeouf has lost his damned mind (uh, that's assuming there was some sanity there to begin with, which is becoming to be the real question) and naturally this means that I like him more right now than I ever have before. Tear it down, Shia!

--- Alphabet Wallis - Speaking of semi-endearing assholes, have you read this mystery dude director's reasoning behind his Oscar ballot at THR? There are several hysterical assholish quotes that are cannot miss. I read somewhere that people think it might be William Friedkin, which I could totally see.

--- Best Teacher - This is already twenty times better than the movie - super-funny and talented Ari "Balls deep!" Graynor is going to star in the TV adaptation of Bad Teacher, that Cameron Diaz says the word "fuck" a lot movie. Although I will miss the sight of Justin Timberlake dry-humping in jeans. That was a keeper.

--- Hair Ball - The latest new picture from The Wolverine doesn't have a single nipple in it - what am I supposed to do with this shit? Get back to me when you've got something for me, Hugh Jackman. And by "something" I mean... well several things would do.
.

No comments: