Thursday, January 03, 2013

I Am Link

.
--- Another Peaks - The rumor of the Millennium - David Lynch has met with NBC about restarting Twin Peaks. It's just a rumor, mind you. But can you imagine? The power of Bob compels you!

--- Girl Power - The ill-advised remake of Carrie from Boys Don't Cry director Kimberly Pierce has been pushed from this Spring to this Fall - that might sound like a downgrade but then you realize they moved it to right before Halloween and you think otherwise. Anyway it's not like I won't be seeing it whenever it comes out, much to my sanity's chagrin.

--- Runaway Train - Snowpiercer is the new movie from the director of Mother and The Host - it's also produced by Park Chan-wook. It's also also in English, and stars Tilda Swinton, Jamie Bell, and Chris Evans, so you know, yes please. The Playlist has got the first batch of concept art for the flick, which is about a train at the end of the world or something.

--- On Twelve - Rich talks the movies of 2012 according to him over at Gawker. He reminded me to finally watch Dredd, which I did last night, more on that to come later I think. His affection for Silver Linings Playbook is... misplaced.

--- Basterds Ized - Will Quentin Tarantino's next movie be a sort-of spin-off of Inglourious Basterds that's based on a section of that movie which he had to cut from the original script? DH has the details; it might be called Killer Crow "or something like that" and is about some black American soldiers fighting some white American soldiers during WWII. Kinda sounds like Basterds and Django mashed up. It being a prequel to what happens in Basterds I trust that means we'd get to see Eli Roth slipping into Ye Olde Wifebeater again!

--- Man of Vice - Paul Thomas Anderson plans on shooting his next film, an adaptation of Thomas Pynchon's Inherent Vice, "next year," by which I think they mean 2013, which is now this year. At least I don't think he's taking off all of 2013, but you never know with him.

--- I'm Under - You can see the first three pictures from Danny Boyle's next movie Trance, which stars James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, and Vincent Cassel, right here. With a cast like that, sign me up.
.

3 comments:

Will h said...

I actually spent the last 3 nights watching the three versions of Carrie we have now and, I have to say, it made me excited for the remake. It was so fascinating to me how similar the original and the TV movie are, dialogue and everything, but I was pretty engrossed each time just by the power of the story. It's got some really interesting dynamics that I'd like to see someone else's spin on.

The Rage: Carrie 2 is just baffling.

Will h said...

Also, as much as the original Carrie is deservedly a classic, I don't think it's untouchable. There's some not so great moments in that movie at least I had forgotten about.

Jason Adams said...

GASP! I would trade a thousand crappy remakes for that tux-trying-on scene alone. ;)