Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I Am Link

.
--- I Beat Meryl - I had no idea that Jennifer Lawrence was quoting Bette Midler in The First Wives Club when she won her Golden Globe, but that's what the internet's good for - letting me know that, that is. As if I needed more JLaw love in my life. Oh and by the way, have you seen her hot brother Blaine before? That's him to the left there. Hot!

--- Whedon Wars - Joss Whedon says he would've loved to make a Star Wars movie, but he's too busy with The Avengers 2 and the SHIELD tv show. Do note that he wasn't actually asked - he just thought it would have been a neat idea if he had been asked and had been free to say yes. And that is how you keep your name in the headlines, folks!

--- Foster Care - I don't really have anything much to say about Jodie Foster's fascinating moment at the Golden Globes; I especially don't if you take into account all that's already been said. It's all been said. But Nat said what he had to say very nicely over at The Film Experience. All I need is Clarice Starling, and that I've got.

--- Fassy Assassin - A writer has been found for that video game adaptation Assassin's Creed that Michael Fassbender is going to star in - his name's Michael Leslie and he's a playwright slash short-film film-maker; he's actually never written a feature length film yet. But his other stuff's been well received, supposedly. (pic via)
.
--- Funny Games - I love the fact that the real Michael Haneke is aware of that parody @Michael_Haneke twitter account that makes him seem like a deranged twelve year old. Hear what he has to say about it over here. I also appreciate the fact that the awards rounds he's making with Amour are letting the world see he's not the dour stick in the mud his movies might make you think he is.

--- Guillermo's Hitch - If you ever wanted to hear Guillermo Del Toro talk about Alfred Hitchcock's The Man Who Knew Too Much (the first version, not the second version), then boy oh golly is today your lucky day.

--- Mother May I - It's about two months until the Psycho inspired tv series Bates Motel begins on A&E, and here are a few teaser posters to whet your perverted appetitie. They are very twin-Peaks-y.

--- Bubble Boy - Colin Ford, who was apparently in We Bought a Zoo (I have not seen that, shockingly) (The "shockingly" was sarcasm), is going to play Joe in the Stephen King tv adaptation of Under the Dome. I read UTD when it came out but I don't remember who Joe is; Deadline implies it's a lead so, okay. All I really remember is the, uh, dome.

--- Taming Anne - I like Anne Hathaway. I do. But the Oscar season is turning her into the person she was for that last hour she hosted the Oscars with James Franco, and it ain't pretty. So the sooner it's over, the better. I just wanted to get that out of the way before pointing out that her taking a role in a movie with "Shrew" in the title right now is probably not the best timing.
.

5 comments:

Rob K. said...

I totally hear you about Anne Hathaway. Her "OMG OMG OMG Wow Gee Whiz Can All This Really Be Happening To Me Me Me" schtick has already become oppressive. Dial it down, Annie!

Will h said...

Noticed that JLaw's brother looks like Mel Gibson, and now I can't unsee it.

joel65913 said...

I'm right there with you about Anne. Before this all started I liked her,I wasn't a huge fan but enjoyed her in several films. I really thought she did well with her part in Brokeback Mountain, making something special out of a few small scenes. But every time I see her now she seems to become more cloying and gee golly gosh!. I've been rooting for Sally Field from the beginning but even if I had been pulling for Anne Hathaway to win I wouldn't be now.

iggy said...

Taking the mic when Les Miserables won the GG for Best Musical to add the names she had forgotten, was really one of the selfiest things I've seen in awards shows, which aren't precisely the most generous moments for actors.

I do have Hathaway and Miserables fatigue. I'd like to see more of Jackman, but if that implies seeing more of.... I'll pass.

s. said...

Anne Hathaway....used to like her after tDKR now I can't stand her and she doesn't even deserve nomination for Les Mis. God, she is so annoying, I hope she goes away after winning her Oscar and losing her shit on stage.