Monday, December 03, 2012

Brooklyn Drafthouse

.
We already knew that the Alamo Drafthouse was opening a location in Yonkers (just North of New York City) in 2013 and one in Upper Manhattan (only a couple subway stops from me, hooray!) in 2014 (it was supposed to be earlier but got pushed back) - now comes the news that they'll be opening a third location in the city, in Downtown Brooklyn in 2015! It'll be located in Fulton Street Mall, which is just a few blocks away from BAM, if you know the area. Anyway, I know they say they'll be enforcing their strict no talking rules at these new theaters - I just hope that my fellow New Yorkers can handle it. That (plus perhaps slightly easier access to Mondo goodies) is what I'm most looking forward to. I'm so exhausted by people talking in theaters, it's giving me agita. (pic from my 2010 trip to Austin, documented here)
.

No comments: