Monday, September 17, 2012

I Am Link

.
--- Mama's Boy - Freddie Highmore, who played an adorable little boy opposite Johnny Depp twice (in Finding Neverland and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) is now 20 years old and is set to take on no less than Norman Bates in his next role for that A&E prequel-to-Psycho series called Bates Motel. You might recall that Vera Farmiga was cast as Norman's mother, oh Mother blood blood, a little while back. I think this is fantastic casting. Truly fantastic. I was only curious about the show before but now I'm totally on-board. Also joining the cast is Max Thieriot, who will play Norman's older brother - we like to look at Max.

--- Ye Olde Chainsaw - My favorite Texas Chainsaw enthusiast over at Stale Popcorn takes on the trailer for the latest venture into Leatherface territory called Texas Chainsaw 3D. I haven't watched the trailer yet myself but Glenn's devoted franchise enthusiasm is inspiring. Makes me wish Platinum Dunes hadn't murdered Friday the 13th so I could feel that feeling. Grr. Now I'm angry, so I'll direct you to Stacie Ponder's angry take on the Texas Chainsaw 3D trailer. Every angle covered!

--- Mega Man - Joel Kinnaman was spotted walking around the set of the remake of Robocop in his apparently full robo get-up, and you can see some pics here. I've seen people bitching about it but I don['t think it looks that bad. Maybe a little boring but it's hard to tell and we don't know what they'll do to it with CG.

--- Here Is The End - There's nothing much to be seen in them but these pics from the set of Edgar Wright's The World's End do show Edgar and Simon Pegg and Nick Frost standing around, which is enough to get me excited, just knowing they're standing around, on that set, making that movie, and I will see it sometime in the future. Hooray!

--- Winter Duds - Speaking of pictures of not much getting me hard, here's the very first official picture from behind-the-scenes of the third season of A Game of Thrones! There's a big coat moving away from a camera!

--- Cabin Boy - I'm saving this for lunch to read so I cannot tell you if there's anything of import here or if it's just a few sentences of canned chat but hey look STYD talked to Drew Goddard about The Cabin in the Woods, which is out on DVD tomorrow. Tomorrow! Yippee!
.

1 comment:

bcarter3 said...

Freddie Highmore played gay in Toast, the film about the teen years of UK gay chef, author, and TV personality Nigel Slater. Sweet kiss scene near the end.