Monday, June 18, 2012

I Am Link

.
--- Twice The Ass - Aaron Johnson will indeed be slipping back into that snug green jumpsuit of his for the Kick-Ass sequel, which is the only reason I'm interested at all. God he wore that thing well, and god that movie was mostly tedious. (Ugh, her.) Aaron mentions the script is definitely a "hard R," so I'm thinking that means there's a part where he decides to just cut the crotch right out of his outfit, for movement or whatever. That's what he means, right? That's totally what he means.

--- Space Squids - There will be a sequel to Monsters, the nifty little low-budget alien-invasion movie that become a sleeper hit in 2010, but it doesn't look like any of the original people have anything to do with it. Oh I'm sure they'll give director Gareth Edwards a producing credit or whatever. What is Edwards up to though? He doesn't have anything listed on IMDb which seems odd. Shouldn't he be turning that movie's success into something by now?

--- Gun, Runner - And speaking some more of sequels, because what else is Hollywood in the business of, the director Timur Long Russian Name I Don't Feel Like Looking Up How To Spell talked to The Playlist about his sequel to Wanted, which I loved but I distinctly remember made a lot of people very angry. He says it will follow James McAvoy's character (I mean, so did the first one, why is this surprising?) and there will be a big ol' giant earth-shattering twist in it, which, well, way to ruin it, dude. Maybe the twist can be Thomas Kretschmann is really James McAvoy's lover, not father?

--- Log Laddy - Apparently Steven Spielberg was a huge fan of Twin Peaks (good taste), so much so that he actually almost directed its second season premiere. David Lynch snatched the episode out of his greedy little hands though, which I suppose was his right, since it was his show and all. Also, he's a better director. Anyway you can read the whole story over at Slash from the show's producer. Spielberg doing Lynch is only a little more weird than Spielberg doing Kubrick, and that happened.

--- Mad Maxine - Jason Statham's girlfriend Rosie You Are A Model Your Hyphenated Name Is To Pretentious For Me To Remember, who was apparently just straight up abysmal in the last Transformers movie - although something tells me her director's directions didn't go much further than "Arch your back and pout!" - has joined the cast of the new Mad Max movie, I guess. I assume she'll be some kind of hot warrior chick, arching her back and pouting, or something. Anyway this reminds me I totally had a dirty dream about Jason Statham the other night, I'd forgotten about, so thanks Rosie Whatever-Whatever.

--- Father Time - In honor of Father's Day yesterday Nat wrote up a list on five dads in movies he's seen recently and I want to underline in the thickest darkest marker the part about the inexplicable casting of Guy Pearce in Prometheus. It was my least favorite thing about the movie - I found it incredibly distracting every time he showed up. Maybe I'll say more about that if I ever write a review? Hmm. Similarly, I've got to write up my thoughts on Pixar's new one Brave as well, which also warrants a mention on Nat's list.

--- SuperFarrellHanksadocious - I guess that movie about Walt Disney starring Tom Hanks is actually happening - it's about the fourteen years it took Disney to persuade the author of Mary Poppins to let him turn her book into a movie - Emma Thompson plays the author, P.L. Travers. And Colin Farrell has just signed on to play... her father? I am confused.

--- Greenpoint Gals - I have not watched last night's season finale of Girls so don't ruin it for me but I enjoyed my pal Sean's take on the season so far up until last night's finale. I agree with what he said, although I loved it from pretty much frame one.
.

1 comment:

Wasp said...

Ugh her? Wow, I've never seen an adult man muster so much contempt for a young child before. Frankly, it's rather off-putting.