Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I Am Link

.
--- Young Girl - The female lead opposite Josh Brolin in Spike Lee's remake of Oldboy has been offered to Martha Marcy May Marlene star Elizabeth Olsen. I think this is terrific casting because my instinctual feeling upon hearing her name was a protective wince over what she'll have to endure, and that's about right.

--- Golden Globs - If you were following me on Twitter during the Oscars then you know I found the evening fairly abysmal - somebody send Billy Crystal to the glue factory, please - but instead of all my negativity why don't you take a gander at the ten things Nathaniel found interesting about the evening. Emma Stone totally was awesome.

--- High Octane - Kristen Wiig is going to star in an action-comedy from the writers of The Descendants. You know the ones - they stood behind a rambling egomaniac Alexander Payne and made fun of Angelina Jolie's leg. Yeah the one is the dean on Community, who I have a sudden crush on. That's them.

--- Hunger Olds - There are a couple new pictures from The Hunger Games over here, with new looks at Donald Sutherland as President Snow and Toby jones as Claudius Templesmith. Have we seen Toby Jones yet? And a better question: who the fuck is Claudius Templesmith? I can't remember. Should I go back and read the books? It's been quite awhile. It's probably better not to, see if I can finagle some surprise from it.

--- Eating Crowe - Seeing this news this morning that Russell Crowe is pretty much for sure going to play Noah in Darren Aronofsky's movie about the man who built that really big boat that one time, I'm reminded that I had a dream the night before last in which I saw new paparazzi pictures of Russell Crowe and he was looking hotter than he's ever looked. (Yes, these are the dreams I have now apparently.) I've never really been wild about Crowe but in my dream he looked very very good, like somebody had whittled him into an ideal form of what he could be. So, being reminded of this, I googled to see what he looks like now, and nope, he's still just him. 

--- Busted - While I'd love to have a third Ghostbusters movie with the old crew around one more time, I am tired as hell of hearing Dan Akyroyd go back and forth and back and forth about what's up with Bill Murray, so I hope his new quote about Murray absolutely not wanting to do it the end, is the end.

--- And finally, Fassy fans this is your chance to put your mouth where his eyes are (so to speak) - head over to Fassinating Fassbender and send Simone a note before March 15th and she'll include it on a birthday present they're gearing up to send the man for his upcoming 35th birthday. And keep it classy, folks. (That means limit the wang mentions to subtle innuendo at most.)
.

2 comments:

The Bloody Munchkin said...

FYI, Claudius Templesmith is the announcer who presides over the games and makes announcements like when the banquet will take place etc. ( I just read the books because I wanted to see what the fuss is about, thanks to you.)

Joe Reid said...

"Yeah the one is the dean on Community, who I have a sudden crush on."

We are no longer friends.