Monday, January 30, 2012

Shirley MacLaine Believes In Psychics, Right?

.

I know she believes in that past life stuff at least, so let's just assume she believes in psychics too, which is a coincidence you see, because I am totally fucking psychic! A couple of weeks ago I joked on Twitter that Downton Abbey's explosive success was going to make it the hot spot for guest stars like a Merchant Ivory version of The Love Boat. I was completely kidding - it didn't seem like a likely thing at all. It's absurd, right? Cue the first domino:

"Shirley MacLaine ("Terms of Endearment") is joining the third season of Masterpiece Theatre's 'Downton Abbey,' which starts filming next month. She'll be playing the American mother of Lady Grantham (Elizabeth McGovern)."

Read more here. Next stop Charo! (Okay okay Shirley MacLaine is a super actress and I love her and she's by no means on a Charo level and I can't wait to see her on the show. But still. It always starts out well-meaning, the guests showing up, and then by Season 5 you've got Gilbert Godfried spritizing soda water in Maggie Smith's face.)
.

No comments: