Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Today's Fanboy Delusion

Today I'd rather be...

Photobucket

... messing with the dark magicks with David Tennant.

I literally just finished watching the Fright Night remake ten minutes ago, and it was either go do the dishes or make that gif. I think we all know I made the right choice. 

Anyway, yeah the movie pretty much stunk, but it did have a couple of things going for it.


Besides that, I mean. It had Toni Collette - although it underused her terribly, when they did use her she was game. I thought the scene on the highway was pretty terrific and a lot of that was due to her being there making us believe the holy hell going down around her. Colin looked fantastic but I wish he'd gone a little bit wilder with it - he was strangely subdued, wasn't he? It needed some more oomph - some Chris Sarandon cheese, perhaps. One of the other things I did appreciate though was that the film didn't even bother trying to bullshit us about whether Colin was a vampire or not. At this point we all know he's a vampire, so its attempt to just dive right in and get on with it was appreciated. Unfortunately it just didn't seem to find anywhere to go, or any tension to replace that.
.

2 comments:

RJ said...

This was probably my favorite of the 'summer blockbusters.' Underrated. Thought it was a lot of fun. The 3D was actually really terrific in theaters.

Rob K. said...

Just saw it myself and I'm with you, JA - the whole thing felt pretty unnecessary in the end. I was underwhelmed.