Friday, November 04, 2011

I Like The (North) Pole And The Hole

.

Two years ago while wishing Kal Penn a happy birthday I said this:

"I think that that's where they ought to go if they ever make a third H&K movie. The two adorkable stoners realize they're really meant for each other and Neil Patrick Harris officiates at their big gay wedding and they float off on a cloud of pot smoke to live happily ever after, the end. This has absolutely nothing to do with me wanting to see Kal Penn and John Cho making out while simultaneously naked. Absolutely nothing."

Did they listen to me? Of course not. Instead they've tarted everything up with 3D and holiday nonsense, in a pique of gay panic no doubt. Granted I haven't seen A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas myself yet so perhaps it really does end this way and I'll be happily surprised that night five years from now when I catch it edited on basic cable while half asleep. But like Meryl in a habit, I have my doubts! I'll just have to keep imagining all that A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Gay Gangbang could have been, I guess.

Besides that, this weekend's cinematic offerings include the return of Eddie Murphy in Tower Heist as well as the gift for your eyeballs that is Channing Tatum rocking a 'stache in a cop uniform (non stripper edition) in The Son of No One, and if you wanna hear some thoughts upon these things head over to Celebrity Beehive where I have some thoughts to share.

No comments: