Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Am Link

.
--- Make This - Glenn takes on two recent if not quite rom-com's then comedies involving romance, What's Your Number? and Crazy, Stupid, Love, and I think he's fairly on point for both (although he might like CSL slightly more than I did). I wish Anna Faris and Emma Stone would reunite, and in a project worthy of them. And while we're at it they can bring Chris Evans and Ryan Gosling along with them, as their gay friends, who spend an hour of screen-time having explicit sex. Voila, the perfect movie.

--- Team Up - Apparently we'll be seeing the first trailer for The Avengers today. ET has aired a preview of this, via AICN. I haven't watched this because a quick preview of an oncoming commercial is not what I need to spend time on right now, but hey, whatever floats ya. I'm just fast-forwarding my brain to New York Comic Con this weekend, with Chris Evans in attendance (I'll tell him my idea for the best movie ever) and apparently new footage will be shown. That's where I'm at!

--- Lecter's Lunch - I directed you over to Arbogast's last week as he's doing his annuel 31 Screams series for October, and I hope you've been checking them out. Especially his tribute to the just deceased Charles Napier via The Silence of the Lambs, which is terrific.

--- Nerd York - I find it absolutely shameful that I've lived in New York for over a decade and hardly visited any of the places on this map of nerdy locations. One of these weekends I'll have to make myself do a tour. I don't think I've even ever made it to the firehouse from Ghostbusters, that's how bad it is. The shame!
 
--- Play Nero Play - Club Silencio captured some of Fassbinder's Querelle yesterday for their Obscure Beauty series, and I'd be remiss if I didn't swipe that glance at Franco Nero in the film seen there to the left. Mmmmmmm Franco Nero. Good goddamn that is a strange sexy movie. Head over there for plenty of Brad Davis too!

--- Boy Wonder - Head over to TFE to hear Nathaniel's thoughts on Martin Scorsese's Hugo, which a work-in-progress print of screened for the New York Film Festival last night. I saw it as well and will have some stuff to say in a bit. While you're there read what Nat said about My Week With Marilyn too.
.

No comments: