Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Quote of the Day

.
Damn, damn, damn. Dammit! If y'all follow MNPP you'll know that it's been a rough couple of years for us and our one-time love affair with the horror director Dario Argento. His movies as of late have gone from bad to worse to "This movie is actually literally murdering my brain." It had gotten so dire that I couldn't even be excited when he first announced he was making his own Dracula, and in 3D no less. I probably wasn't even going to bother with paying much attention to it at all... but then the casting happened, and my most beloved Aryan of all Thomas Kretschmann grabbed the Count, and in one fell swoop I knew I couldn't give Argento up yet. This was a movie I would see, and it was a movie I would blog about, time and time and time again. Point: Argento!

Well today, in an interview with STYD Dario drops a new bomb and despite all my reservations, despite the fact that I really should know better, despite the agony of Giallo pricking the underside of my eyelids still, I am lost. Save yourselves! Don't read this quote lest you fall as well!

"When production was moved forward we had to make a firm decision over who was going to play Dracula... I loved working with Thomas Kretschmann on The Stendhal Syndrome and watched him with pride become a major player in Hollywood with Blade II and King Kong. So I called him four days before the start of shooting and asked him to join me once more to play a bisexual Dracula."

I loved TK in King Kong but don't even remember him in Blade II, I'll have to go back and BISEXUAL WHAT? Now they're telling me there's the chance of Kretschmann-on-man? Gott in Himmel!!!

Alright, that aside, that sweet sweet possibility aside - I'm trying to restrain myself here, I need to restrain myself here, otherwise my head will fall on the exclamation point button and fill up pages upon pages - there's also confirmation that Dario's shooting this movie with Luciano Tovoli, the cinematographer he worked with on Suspiria and Tenebre, which is awesome news for anybody who's seen any of Argento's recent so-ugly-your-eyes-hurt movies.
.

1 comment:

Ms Scrappy said...

Hawt natzi was the super old waxy looking vampire in Blade II. If you check out the deleted scenes with Del Toro's commentary, it's hilarious.