Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I Am Link

.
--- Witch! Witch! - More Suspiria news already! Thanks goodness for the press rounds that David Gordon Green is making for Your Highness, because it's giving him a chance to blab on. He says he has the rights to Suspiria's seminal score by Goblin - recently heard in the trailer for Jane Eyre - and they've got plans for it:

"We got the rights to the Goblin score, so we’re going to use that. Steve Jablonsky, who did the score for Your Highness, is incredible. So I would love to see what he would do with the Goblin music. We could start in a very faithful, synthesizer kind of world of music that Goblin does in the original film, and by the end of it turn that score into a huge opera, which would be incredible.”

Honestly, the thought of a remixed version of that score gives me insta-wood. Something like what Clint Mansell did with Tchaikovsky for Black Swan's soundtrack? Yes! Yes!

Anyway Movieline's also got a list of four reasons why we should be excited for DGG to tackle Argento's classic, and they all make decent enough sense. I was thinking about it earlier - DGG's style seems to morph from film to film, so I'm curious exactly what he'd turn into for a film that's really nothing but an exercise in style. As Movieline points out, the original's script is largely irrelevant and the plot is completely ridiculous. Of course, that's why I think the film works so well - it's all dream logic. Will DGG make those areas more realistic? And what would that movie be? I don't know, but he's never made anything I haven't liked, so I'm curious.

--- Beauty & Beast - Teresa Palmer made lemonade out of the fairly terrible 80s comedy Take Me Home Tonight, so much so that I felt the need to spotlight her in my review. I mentioned there that she's gotten stuck in a bunch of shit lately - I Am Number Four and The Sorcerer's Apprentice, to name two recent examples - and how that's a shame because she's a charmer. Well today comes word that she's signed on for Warm Bodies, a zom-rom-com (based off a book that's out next month) co-starring Nicholas Hoult as the zombie that ate her boyfriend, and about their surprising relationship thereafter. And if those two don't make for an adorable pair already then I dunno what.

--- Oh Mother Blood Blood - Nathaniel chatted with the author of a new book called What You See In The Dark that takes place during a fictionalized version of the pre-production for Hitchcock's Psycho, with Hitch and Janet Leigh interacting with some small-town citizens while scouting locations. It sounds terrific. 

--- First Looks - Slash has got a few new low-res images from CinemaCon (which I guess is what we're calling ShoWest now?) from upcoming movies that we haven't seen anything from, including David Gordon Green's The Sitter with Jonah Hill and Ari "Balls Deep" Graynor, and Alexander Payne's The Descendants, among others.
.

No comments: