Thursday, January 13, 2011

Jack Kerouac Wanted Marlon Brando

.

Have y'all seen this letter that Kerouac wrote to Brando? Jack practically begs Brando to co-star with him in an adaptation of his book On the Road. "I want you to play Dean because (as you know) he's no dopey hotrodder." I wish we still talked like this. But I mean... can you blame him? If I were able to write a letter to 1950s-era Brando and ask him to spend a lot of time with me staring into each other's eyes I'd do the same damn thing. And also... can you imagine? I want a ticket to the alternate universe where this project happened.
.

2 comments:

Simon said...

And now it'll be played by Garrett Hedlund. What a world.

In this alternate universe, can the Magnificent Ambersons be in it's uncut glory?

Marius said...

Have you read "Memoirs of a Bastard Angel?" It was written by Harold Norse, one of the Beat poets.

He was at a party with Marlon Brando at the time "A Streetcar Named Desire" was running. Brando came up and asked him if he wanted to leave the party. - Norse told him that he would "Think about it." Brando said "Don't think too long." MB left with someone else.