Thursday, October 21, 2010

I Am Link

.
--- Plants Are Murder - Today's big news appears to be this: Sam Raimi's next film will be an adaptation of The Day of the Triffids. I have never read the book, I have never seen any of the adaptations, and I was only vaguely familiar with it until AICN told me what it's about. I always confused it with the little furry balls from Star Trek. But no...

" [it is] the tale of mobile, literally bloodthirsty plants who start preying on humankind after a meteor shower renders more than 99 percent of the world’s population blind."

Anyway I salivate all the same, now that I've been told what the story's about, imagining what Sam Raimi can do with that.

--- Double Dee - I tweeted this news when it was announced and since it's so brief that's probably all it deserves but I just like typing it: The Piranha 3D sequel will be called Piranha 3 DD. Love so much it hurts. They're gonna try to churn the movie out for Summer 2011.

--- They Killed Kenny - Glenn's gotten up to the first film's spectacular chase scene thru Stu's house in his scene-by-scene dissection of the Scream movies, and there are about a dozen images completely worthy of drool from it. Such a well-shot film, y'all. But every time I see Kenny the camera-man I have to stare at him for a few seconds to remind myself that that's not Danny McBride playing him.

--- Go Void - What I've heard about Gaspar Noe's Enter the Void has been so erratic, so back and forth, good and terrible, that I hadn't made up my mind whether to bother with it. That is, until Adam wrote this review of it. Now it's a must quick. And if you click over for that, stick around for some bonus China Blue!

--- Rainbow Fro of Doom - That trailer for the scary clown movie that I posted the other day is definitely a fake, but Cinematical gives a great list of five reasons why they'd see it if it came true. I concur. Let's make this happen, people.

--- My Fair Zombie - Silence of the Lambs director Jonathan Demme really wants to direct Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, and he's using Anne Hathaway, his Rachel Getting Married star, as his carrot on a stick. Is that the right metaphor? His bait. Whatever, you get my point. He's stripping her naked and slathering her up in baby oil and throwing her into the ring, is the idea. Also, from now on I will refer to Pride and Prejudice and Zombies as PAPAZ, and I will hear it in my head with enthusiastic relish. Papaz!

--- Makin' Pain - The guys who made the My Bloody Valentine remake - which as I've said before was 1/5th an awesome movie - appear to have really for real got their hands on the Hellraiser remake. This thing's slipped thru so many fingers lately it's hard to tell which side is up but it looks like this will stick. My bud Sean has a quote from Clive Barker bitching on Twitter. I don't understand why a real proper auteur type doesn't want to tackle the cenobites though. They should be fighting over this well before they're fighting over Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, ya know?

--- Bend Over, Kiwi - New Zealand is officially Peter Jackson's bitch! They appear to have lost their game of chicken with him, and have acquiesced to his demands, or whatever. I can't really read these types of stories about contract negotiations, my eyes glaze over. So the fineries are lost on me. Point is it looks like The Hobbit will film in New Zealand now, and not the Golden Girls house like we'd prayed. Dammit!

--- Cersei's List - In Stacie Ponder's quest to continually be awesome she's had her awesome friend Lena Headey post her eleven favorite horror movies. And it is a fine list indeed. Stick around into the comments where I geek out over Headey playing Cersei Lannister in HBO's Game of Thrones miniseries, and then Stacie geeks out back, and the geek just gets all over everything. Anyway I can't wait to see Headey get all incesty with delicious Nicholaj Coster-Waldau! Awesome.
.

No comments: