Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Dick Next Door

.
James Franco's hot brother Dave has joined the cast of the Fright Night remake, says The Playlist:

"Rising actor and famous sibling Dave Franco has been added to the cast of Craig Gillespie's remake of 1985 campy horror film "Fright Night."

The project is currently shooting in New Mexico and boasts a strong cast including Anton Yelchin as the lead, Toni Collette as his mother, Imogen Poots as his love interest, Christopher Mintz-Plasse as his friend Evil Ed, David Tennant as magician Peter Vincent and Colin Farrell as a "Jaws"-like vampire living next door. We didn't think much of it when Gillespie was announced as director for the remake but with all these thespians? We're definitely signed up.

“I play the arrogant asshole-bully," explained Franco — who recently featured in Noah Baumbach's "Greenberg" in the "You Kids..." scene. "Anton plays the main kid so I’m his nemesis at school until he runs into Colin who is supposed to be the ultimate bad guy in the movie. Yeah I play the d–k, so it’s fun.”

Replace the "the" with "with" - say that five times fast - and that last sentence gets a whole lot awesomer, am I right or am I right? Anyway this movie's cast is an awesome cast indeed. They say it'll be out in time for All Hallows 2011.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's actually kind of weird looking. I suppose James Franco is a bit weird looking too... but on him.. it works!

Simon said...

He plays a lot of douchebags, doesn't he? I mean, that Greenberg scene and Scrubs (where I consider everuthing douchey), and now this...he does look the role, I guess, but damn.