Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Gratuitous Billy Campbell

.


Is it Bill or Billy? He's 51 today so I guess we've moved on to Bill, which is how IMDb has him listed. I prefer Billy. Am I still talking about this? Happy birthday, Bill(y) Campbell! You know, I never had a crush on him until I watched all of the Tales of the City movies a year or two ago. Somehow he'd stayed off my radar all that time. I didn't watch Once and Again - an obvious mistake on my part, judging from at the very least, all that critical praise aside, how many shots below from the show there are of him half-naked - and I've still never seen The Rocketeer. I guess my biggest exposure to him until recently was his role as Quincy in Bram Stoker's Dracula and he's hardly in that and covered by a giant mustache.


Oh well. I love him now. Just in time for him to scarcely work! Well at least we've got all this to remember him by. All this... is a lot, by the way. Living up to the gratuitous title once again, I am.

.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's gratuitous! And I love it!

John said...

I love, love More Tales of The City. Nobody on TV these days shows 2 gay men in a loving relationship. I have the entire series on DVD. The nudity is a plus too.

shaun said...

Mr. Campbell certainly is a handsome man...and it has been most kind of him to make time with boys on film over the years, all the easier to imagine that handsome face coming in for a kiss from me ;o) Thanks for all the pics! Hope your ankle feels better -- sprains can be worse than breaks sometimes (sprained my ankle 5 years ago while playing tennis, and it hurts a bit to this day -- oops, that's not very encouraging for you ;o)

Prospero said...

Dear God... I'm so glad I was sitting down for that onslaught... My God he is beautiful.

I could watch that man read the phone book. Billy needs to play Jason Statham's lover; their relationship jeopardized by the arrival of Ryan Reynolds as the "luggage handler" who wants them both...

breedaniels said...

The never ending homage to Billy Campbell whoah ohaohohooooo....sung to the theme of "The Neverending Story"......

George G said...

He looks as good today as he ever did - I just helped him at our store this afternoon here in NYC and couldn't remember his name for the life of me until I got home. But he was really sweet (and didn't look a day over 35 in person) in our short interaction.

Anonymous said...

I love this guy.

Anonymous said...

My god let's be honest here...I'd suck seed from this studs hard cock ANYTIME!

Anonymous said...

I first saw Billy Campbell on Dynasty as Luke fuller, the Gay Lover of Steven Carrington. I didnt see the series tales of the city when it was originally shown. I saw it much later when it was released on DVD. I really enjoyed seeing him almost naked in the scenes on tales from the city where his character was visiting Gay Saunas

I remember one episode where he meets another of the main characters who later calls him an says "Lets get together and make some babies"

I also saw Billy Campbell in the film Rocketeer, I really enjoyed the film. I also read that he was considered for playing the part of William T Riker on Star Trek The Next Generation, but the producer thought that his personality was too soft. I think he would have been perfect for the role and much better than Johnathan Frakes who's performing was rather dry.