Thursday, July 08, 2010

Do Dump or Marry - Sweet For Sweeney

.

Inspired by the news that these three impressive chaps are up for the same role, I figured we'd dive back into a little bit of the Do Dump or Marry business. First up, the story (via):

"Hollywood star Daniel Craig is one of the top names under consideration to play the role of Jack Regan in the movie remake of 1970s television police drama ‘The Sweeney’.

The James Bond star is competing with the top actors like Orlando Bloom, Tom Hardy and Ewan McGregor. All of them have shown an interest to play the role in the film adaptation of ITV's classic 1970s show.

... According to a source, “The tone of the movie will change depending on the selection of one actor from the four interested actors to play the tough cop. ‘The Sweeney’ may turn bigger than the original TV show with the right selection of the cast.”"

Yeah they named four people up for the role there so someone had to be forgotten, and as in real life so goes Orlando Bloom. Sorry, Legolas! Anyway I'm completely ignorant of this TV show, but seeing as I'm on such a Tom Hardy kick lately this news grabbed by eye, and these three make for a curious threeway no doubt. (Mmm curious threeway.) So let's get to it.


Pick one mister that you'd spend one night with, a second mister that you'd spend the rest of your nights with after that, and a third unfortunate mister that'd go forever night-less from you. And if you need more evidence to consider you can click any of these chaps names at the bottom of this post for a wealth of such stuffs.
.
.

18 comments:

Melissa said...

DO - Tom
DUMP - Daniel
MARRY - Ewan

Craig Bloomfield said...

I thought Michael Fassbender was up for this one, too; in which case it's do AND marry at same time. (Maybe he's out of the running now?) But I tend to agree with Melissa' 3.

The TV show was really nothing to get excited over. 'Twas kind of a naff institution here in the UK years ago.

Hugh Man said...

Do- Daniel
Dump- Ewan- made me mad in that atrocius scenes of a sexual nature
Marry- Tom- made me happy in that same movie.

Joe Reid said...

I've never seen this Hardy guy in anything but:

Do: Hardy
Dump: Ewan
Marry: Craig

J.D. said...

I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS.

But I would probably ditto Joe's picks.

DuchessKitty said...

This is particularly tough...

Do: Tom
Dump: Ewan
Marry: Daniel

Derreck said...

Do - Daniel. Mmm..

Dump - Tom. Only because i don't really know him.

Marry - Ewan. He could sing 'Your Song' at the wedding. After that, i would demand that he stop the nakedness in his movies and keep it for myself greedily.

Branden said...

I would so DO Daniel Craig. He may look like a Gremlin, but I think he could be good in the sack.

DUMP Tom Hardy. He freaked me out in Bronson. If he was skinny again, not roided out, maybe I'll reconsider.

Ewan McGregor will you MARRY me? He is gorgeous, that accent drives me crazy and he's not afraid to get his kit off. That's my man.

Anonymous said...

Do - Daniel
dump - the "who is that" guy
Marry - Ewan

sparky2379 said...

Do- Daniel Craig. He'd be my rough-and-tumble bit on the side.
Dump- Tom Hardy. Never heard of him, not that impressed.
Marry- Ewan. Forever and ever, Amen. Because: that accent, "Moulin Rouge", still looks just as hot with a beard and because he would be the most likely to marry another guy. So the realism factor is there.

J.D. said...

Okay, in general, I'm always pissed when people write something or someone off because they've never heard of it/them, but I mean, come on. Ugh.

Michael Parsons said...

I will go with polygamy

NATHANIEL R said...

MICHAEL PARSONS is cheating! someone stop him from taking more than his share.

this one is remarkably easy though i'm confused by the dump.

DO - Tom (on account of holy hell. see also: Bronson but with less muscles please)
DUMP - Daniel
MARRY - Ewan. No other choice can possibly be exceptable: sex appeal & good humor & seems like a positive person?!

Anonymous said...

I would answer, but then that would leave me vulnerable for this thursday's de facto way not to die.

billybil said...

I'm with Nathaniel on this one all the way!

Elena said...

I saw Tom in RocknRolla and I liked him, but, he has nothing to do with Craig and Ewan. Do : Daniel, Marry forever : Ewan.

John T said...

Do Hardy
Marry Ewan
Dump Daniel

Willbesurfing said...

DO…Tom

DUMP…Daniel

MARRY..Ewan