Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Paul In Person

.
Dagnabit, this is awesome! Paul Verhoeven - one of the last remaining living directors that I am completely obsessed with that I haven't yet shared air-space with - is gonna be in person at IFC Center, my beloved film mecca, next Thursday. He's presenting Monty Python's Life of Brian. IFC says:

"Legendary director Paul Verhoeven (Basic Instinct, Starship Troopers, Black Book) will appear in person April 8 to discuss Monty Python's LIFE OF BRIAN as part of our ongoing "Movie Night" series. Verhoeven -- the subject of our popular recent midnight series "Base Instincts: Verhoeven in the U.S.A." -- will talk about LIFE OF BRIAN, his career, and Jesus in a special Q&A session. In 1985, Verhoeven became the only non-theologian admitted into Los Angeles's Jesus Seminar, a group of 77 eminent scholars in theology, philosophy, linguistics, and biblical history. Verhoeven is the author of the new book Jesus of Nazareth (Seven Stories Press), exploring his lifelong fascination with the facts and fictions surrounding the life of Jesus. Copies of Jesus of Nazareth will be available for purchase at our concession stand; there will be a book signing following the screening."

Next week is a total busy nightmare for me - I'm crawling outta my hermit-hole every single night except for Thursday, and I don't know if I can do this. It might kill me. But... but... this is SO awesome! Ugh! Now I know how that Sophie chick felt, only times like a billion.
.

No comments: