Thursday, February 11, 2010

This Noise Again

.
Talk talk talk, blah blah blah. Here's Eli Roth via BD:

Eli Roth, who is celebrating the high-def release of Cabin Fever next Tuesday, explains that Endangered Species is aiming to shoot this year.

"Well, that’s the plan. The plan is always subject to change, but that is the plan" Roth tells BD exclusively. "I’m very eager to get back behind the camera, and I’m working very hard towards that right now. But it’s a big movie with a lot of moving parts, and I’m just trying to line up everything right now."

As for Thanksgiving and Funhouse, those are still very much in the pipeline.

"They’re all in various stages," he explains. "You know, the problem is the news all gets out on the internet at the same time. [On] Funhouse, the writer’s just starting…that’s just so far in the beginning stages. The Man with the Iron Fist, the script is done, and we’re trying to prep to shoot in August. Cotton is finished, and we’re actually closing a huge deal with a distributor which we’ll be announcing pretty soon, which we’re very excited about. Um…but I can’t say anything more than that.

And then Endangered Species, I’ve gotta finish the script. However, we’re in a situation now where all this awards season stuff has come up with Inglourious Basterds, and I don’t wanna miss it. You know, I’m having such a great time. It’s such a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I’ve never been experienced anything like this. So now to be at the tables at these parties and events, with James Cameron, and Kathryn Bigelow, and everyone from Precious. It’s so much fun, and I’m having such a great time. And I know it’s all gonna be over soon, so I didn’t want to jump into another project and look back a few years from now, and go “god, I really should’ve taken the time to enjoy it."

He continues talking about the status of Thanksgiving, the feature-length version of his faux slasher trailer that played with Grindhouse in 2007.

"Well, I wanna do Endangered Species first before I do Thanksgiving," he reveals. "But you can’t do anything without a script, and that’s the first step. I’ve learned that I can’t write multiple things at once, even though I try to. So my goal now is just to focus on getting the script for Endangered done, and then getting the Thanksgiving script done."

Here's Eli talking about remaking Funhouse before, in case you'd forgotten that was on the heap of shit he's yammered about before as well. Oh and via PopWrap here's a picture from the other day that's entertaining:


The saddest thing about this picture is that I noticed the red stain on Eli's shirt there and my first thought was a flashback to all the events he used to attend splashed with blood in the heady days of his youth...


... but then I remembered that he'd tweeted about getting wine spilled on him by The Dude at this party and then I realized that I know way too fucking much about Eli Roth's life. Sigh.

But as long as I'm posting randomness about Eli, here's a picture that I enjoy staring at for long periods of time...

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could marry that last picture. :)

mac20 said...

Looks like they both noticed your shirt