Thursday, February 11, 2010

One Last Thing...

.
I do not have time to write up a proper post for this, I am seriously late for a very important date, but I just gotta link on over to this spectacular bit of making-something-official-at-last:

HBO is finally confirming what’s been rumored for months: Oscar winner Kate Winslet will star in a five-hour miniseries adaptation of James M. Cain’s Depression-era novel Mildred Pierce.

Todd Haynes (Far From Heaven) is on board to direct the project, which finds Winslet playing a proud, single mother struggling to earn her daughter’s love during the Great Depression in middle-class Los Angeles.

The 1945 film version of Mildred Pierce netted Joan Crawford her first Academy Award. It’s safe to say HBO’s remake will score Winslet her first Emmy.

Shooting begins in April in New York.

If you just felt the Earth quake beneath you, that's what's known as a gay tremor. Expect them to multiply as this thing slips into production. Who knew the end of the world wouldn't come about by meteor or flood but by sheer fucking fabulousness?
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!

John said...

I just saw the original within the past year or so thanks to NetFlix. I loved Far From Heaven. I keep meaning to rent either Revolutionary Road or The Reader. The remake will likely reap many awards for Miss Winslet.

Julia said...

I was literally just about to send you a link about this! I knew you'd be as thrilled as I am.