Monday, December 14, 2009

Twice The Sword & Sandal Spectacle

I hope this video's still around tonight so I can watch it proper-like. I tried to find a copy yesterday, seeing it had leaked, and came up with nothing. They've been yanking them down. But now thanks to Jarett at PopWrap here's the second trailer for the Clash of the Titans remake: (ETA Dammit it's gone! Dammit!)

.

.

And then there's this: somehow I managed to not be watching the Spike TV awards this weekend (dunno how I missed those) and Jake was there and shows off a minute long teaser for Prince of Persia. (via)

.

.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That CotT trailer could have been so much better.

Joe Reid said...

I love how thematically cohesive this post is, with "Clash" and "Persia" and Jake and Skirt Worthington all swirling together under this umbrella of poorly-concealed homoeroticism and overcompensating hyper-masculinity. (Did you catch all the business on that stage? With the neverending tunnel and animated rocket ships? They LOVE THE VAGINA on Spike TV, y'all.)

Also love? The way Jake gets at these Spike-TV style events. You know how "urban" Justin Timberlake gets when he's around black people? That's how dude-ly Jake gets in front of macho/fanboy crowds like this.

RDaggle said...

When the original 'Clash of the Titans' came out, no other movie like it had been around for a long time.

This remake looks just like a dozen other movies released this decade.(Two dozen if you include videogames.)

Destination: Oblivion.

Jason Adams said...

1) Oh my god, Jake dropped his voice like an entire octave for this, and I BROKE MY FACE on my screen jumping at him while just watching this. His balls must be HUGE.

2) That's the first thing that actually made me interested in the movie (Persia, that is). It's probably gonna be terrible but it looked fun terrible.

I'm pissed the CoT trailer's gone. Somebody find it for me dammit! I wanna watch it!