Wednesday, December 02, 2009

The Legend of Boggy Creek in 150 Words or Less

.
It's been a little while since I've found a movie so completely obnoxiously awful as to nearly be unwatchable, so I guess that's something of an accomplishment. There were a couple moments of high hilarity involving the not-actors' indecipherable accents and moments where they appeared to be laughing instead of screaming in fright, so I can't hate on it completely. A bit in broad daylight especially, with the "hairy and horrible man-beast" stumbling upon a lady and her children was especially hilarious. Ahh. Ahh, they scream. Ahh.
.

3 comments:

Ross said...

Laughable as an adult, yes, but scared the crap out of me when I was a kid!

Jason Adams said...

That's what I've heard, Ross, and I can totally tell that it'd work that way. Unfortunately I missed it til now. My BF actually freaked out on me for watching it without him because he'd never seen it but remembered hearing bunches of scary stuff about it when he was little. I told him he was better off this way, with the legend in his brain, than the reality.

Rick Schoen said...

This movie scared me so badly as a child that I cannot watch it as an adult. The scene in which one man is walking from the cabin porch into the yard at night and is grabbed by the creature has given me nightmares for years.

Or course, my husband thinks this movie and my dread of it is hilarious.