Friday, October 09, 2009

Ladies Love Cool Haneke

.
One other bit from the Q&A between Michael Haneke and Darren Aronofsky that I didn't have the chance to mention in my review - one of the questions Haneke fielded was just simply what is he planning on doing next, and he said that he's been pretty busy with The White Ribbon lately since he's been following it around to the festivals and he doesn't really like to talk about things before they happen but the thing he's been unable to get around to with being so busy is sitting down and working on a script that will reunite him with Isabelle Huppert, last seen in a Haneke movie giving perhaps the best female performance of the decade in his film The Piano Teacher.

SO THAT'S AWESOME.

He didn't give any specifics of course but I hope it's the dream-Haneke-film which I've had in my head for ages that unites Huppert with Haneke's other lady-friend Juliette Binoche, where we spend two hours watching Huppert be cruel to Binoche and making her cry. Because Huppert being cruel and Binoche crying are two of the greatest things cinema has gifted the world and to put them together would kill me with happiness on the spot. The spot!
.

1 comment:

Eva Moos said...

Haha, that sounds very mean but is a thing I could definitely imagine as well.
Just discovered your blog via another blog's reference, really interesting! cheers, me.