Monday, October 19, 2009

Gratuitous Desmond Harrington

.

I ought to refrain from devoting posts of these sorts to actors that I'm not terribly knowledgeable about, but when I saw Desmond Harrington's name listed amongst the birthdays today at IMDb I knew he seemed familiar and went to scope it out and then briefly fell down the rabbit hole. And I found there are a few reasons why I feel it's okay now to give him some love. He was the lead in Love Object, a 2003 "in love with a sex doll" movie which was one of the first reviews I did here at MNPP (although I scarcely remember that film now). He battled hillbilly-freaks with Eliza Dushku in Wrong Turn that same year. I guess he's Chuck Bass' uncle on Gossip Girl? And somebody on Dexter? (sidenote: How do I of all people not watch Dexter? And not really feel guilty about it either?) And finally he was in TiMER opposite Emma Caulfield and I am still dying to watch that movie even though it appears to have fallen through the cracks. (Emma! I love you, Emma! Work more, Emma! Hire Emma more, world!) Ahem. As for Desmond... not bad. Happy 33rd birthday.

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to watch Dexter!!!! I've only seen seasons 1 and 2...but it's such a smart, bloody good time!

Unknown said...

Desmond was in that Julianna Margulies movie called Ghost Ship, which was no piece of cinematic art, but I love wholly anyway, mostly for the music played during the climatic scene, and Desmond's transition from boring schlub to crazy evil man.