Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I Finally Started Watching True Blood Last Night

.
I'm only two episodes into the first season so I don't have much insight as of yet. Ryan Kwanten has got a hot ass. The accents are sometimes making my ears want to bleed. Are they really serious, thinking anyone hasn't figured out that dog is the bartender from the first second? What the hell was that silly fucking drawing of the dog over his shoulder sitting on Little Bo Peep or some shit?

I guess I'll find out soon enough. There are much, much worse places to be than caught between that bartender and that vampire though. I have a deep like of Anna Paquin; I know from what I've read that most people find her part the least interesting on the show, but I already find her immensely watchable.

So I am indeed down with the show so far. I want to get to Alexander Skarsgård and Michelle Forbes already though!
.

11 comments:

Miru said...

Give it another 2 episodes and you'll be hooked. It was a hard show to adjust to at first because of all the preconceptions that I had about Alan ball. Hurry up and get watching!

RJ said...

Season 2 is even better.

Joe Reid said...

The accents never get better, by the way, but it matters less and less.

shaun said...

Agreed with everything said here...I was only so-so on it after the first couple, but it is now "can't miss" viewing for me! So glad you're back, by the way...I hadn't checked in in days, so I had lots of great posts to catch up on while avoiding work!

Mat said...

The accents actually do get easier on the ear. Since you're still early, it helps to remember that you'll see Ryan's ass again soon. Well, it helped me.

Wayne B said...

Skarsgaard gets even hotter in the second season.

RJ said...

Also, Lizzy Caplan pops up soon. I know you love some Lizzy Caplan

John said...

It's not what I expected, does get intense at times.Ryan Kwanten (Jason) shows lots of skin, wish I had a Blu Ray Player for that. The gay black vampire gives lots of laughs. Not a bad show.

ms scrappy said...

You're going to end up loving it. I didn't like it that much at first, but maybe I'm wrong but the tone of the show isn't super serious and that's what got me loving it. And once you get to know vampire Jessica better in season 2 you're going to love her.

Pfangirl said...

The show really gets a lot stronger as it progresses, so don't judge it by its first 2 rather meandering episodes.

Lizzy Caplan was my standout for Season 1. Absolutely fantastic character and performance.

Bea said...

I ADORE "True Blood." Like everyone else says, it only gets better and crazier. And hotter.

And if you're so inclined, the books are very fun too.